T3 Tactical

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: T3 Tactical

#21 Post by WelshShooter »

DW58 wrote:I can't understand why anyone would buy what is effectively a T3 Varmint with the addition of a Sako TRG magazine which is a very expesive item to replace/buy spares. I'd be inclined to by a straight T3 Varmint and fit it with AICS-compatible bottom metal which is available from a number of different sources.

There are more and more after-market products being produced for the T3.

As for Mr Badger - one assumes when he speaks of polishing turds he refers to tarting up Mosin-Nagants and the like?
This +1. I was a bit sad when I learnt the CTR mag wasn't AI. AI mags cost around £50 so are much cheaper than even standard plastic Tikka mags.
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#22 Post by DW58 »

Remember that the CTR takes TRG Mags which are almost unobtainable here in the UK and when they can be found are very expensive. 10 rd polymer AICS mags can be had for £35-37-ish here in the UK.
Last edited by DW58 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Cad Monkey
Home club or Range: KLSM & Grove

#23 Post by Cad Monkey »

DW58 wrote:I can't understand why anyone would buy what is effectively a T3 Varmint with the addition of a Sako TRG magazine which is a very expesive item to replace/buy spares. I'd be inclined to by a straight T3 Varmint and fit it with AICS-compatible bottom metal which is available from a number of different sources
Your assuming that everyone has the ability to fit an AI compatible bottom metal, have you attempted this yourself? If they don’t have the correct kit and jigs then it will need to be done by a competent gunsmith and you won’t get a lot of change from £300 then you have the AI mag at an additional £50. So that’s £900 for the T3 Varmint then an additional £350 giving you a grand total of £1250 kukkuk . If you don’t need the additional mags then it’s a no brainier
"All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult."
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#24 Post by DW58 »

Cad Monkey wrote:
DW58 wrote:I can't understand why anyone would buy what is effectively a T3 Varmint with the addition of a Sako TRG magazine which is a very expesive item to replace/buy spares. I'd be inclined to by a straight T3 Varmint and fit it with AICS-compatible bottom metal which is available from a number of different sources
Your assuming that everyone has the ability to fit an AI compatible bottom metal, have you attempted this yourself? If they don’t have the correct kit and jigs then it will need to be done by a competent gunsmith and you won’t get a lot of change from £300 then you have the AI mag at an additional £50. So that’s £900 for the T3 Varmint then an additional £350 giving you a grand total of £1250 kukkuk . If you don’t need the additional mags then it’s a no brainier
What do I know?
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Cad Monkey

#25 Post by Cad Monkey »

DW58 wrote:
Cad Monkey wrote:
What do I know?
To be honest I was hoping you was going to tell me how you could fit a bottom metal for under £150 in an effort to attract my custom, however looking at your T3 pics I can see that you decided to take an alterantive approach to allow you to use the AICS mags :D
tisme

#26 Post by tisme »

You can do it for £105 by buying a bottom metal off eBay ( they are made very well) and taking your time with a few tools to fit it. I've done 5 or 6 now by hand and they have come out very well.Image
Cad Monkey

#27 Post by Cad Monkey »

so how much would you expect charge to carry out this work (including the cost of the bottom metal)?
tisme

#28 Post by tisme »

I've only done it for mine and friends so didn't charge but it's only about 1.5 hours work so not much from a gunsmith. Worth phoning around
JRN
Home club or Range: CAM TIR, Magnac Laval France

#29 Post by JRN »

Thanks everyone, plenty of food for thought, at present sorting out the paperwork with the French authorities, not that difficult really.