Getting back in the swing

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

Re: Getting back in the swing

#21 Post by Steve E »

mbawden wrote:ok steve, ill try and get my posts up so I can contact you directly. How many people turn up to Bisley at weekends on average and what are the open/close times. Is there certain times that you can't fire during the day or does it continue through out the day.
Could be several hundred people on a weekend. Shooting is from 0830-1230 then 1330-1630 at the moment. Later in the year shooting finishes at 1730 (summer season).
mbawden

#22 Post by mbawden »

You mentioned before that .308 is the calibre for TR, is there any other calibres that are used at all. Is there a place that I can get the range rules as I don't want to get thrown off before ive even started
RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

#23 Post by RobB »

RobB

#24 Post by RobB »

Best rule is: Do what the RCO (Range Conducting Officer) tells you. There will be one within earshot and sight of every firing point.
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#25 Post by M99 »

RobB wrote:Best rule is: Do what the RCO (Range Conducting Officer) tells you. There will be one within earshot and sight of every firing point.
This is not true of Bisley.
RobB

Getting back in the swing

#26 Post by RobB »

True. We always have a formally qualified person (RCO). Quite often you'll just have a "suitable person.... Range Officer (RO) designated to ensure firing is conducted safely. Paragraph 108 in the handbook.

Either way, just make yourself known and I'm sure you will be welcomed :)
karen

#27 Post by karen »

mbawden wrote:Hi Karen,

No that's not me I'm afraid, I would of only been two years old then.
Phew! Glad about that as he was nice but a bit "odd" kukkuk

Don't worry - most people at Bisley will look after you

Love

Karen
Maggot

#28 Post by Maggot »

RobB wrote:
True. We always have a formally qualified person (RCO). Quite often you'll just have a "suitable person.... Range Officer (RO) designated to ensure firing is conducted safely. Paragraph 108 in the handbook.

Either way, just make yourself known and I'm sure you will be welcomed :)
Although as an RO you know that if you are on your own....youre schitzofrenic....ONO :squirrel:

To the OP

IF you are going to make the effort to drive to Bizzog, have a good look round mate. There is usually quite a lot going on on different ranges. The place comes alive at the weekend.

The best tip you can take with you is that if the guns are all pointing one way....you want to be behind them....... :good:

(Well you said Navy.....that will get hosepipe on my case clapclap )

Seriously, turn up and wander, just wander in the right places (its pretty obvious but people still cock up occasionally)