Slight technical question

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: Slight technical question

#11 Post by Sixshot6 »

Demonic69 wrote:I use "An application", it's free and it's already on my phone where my pictures are.
I've got dropbox so I'd use that if I were posting pictures from the camera
I have drop box on the phone so that's good too.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#12 Post by Demonic69 »

Are you using "An application"? It can automatically upload an image to their servers and link it in here
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#13 Post by Sixshot6 »

Demonic69 wrote:Are you using "An application"? It can automatically upload an image to their servers and link it in here
To be fair, I've never done a whole lot of uploading pics from my phone. If I have "An application", I'll give using it a go.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

i've never got on with using dropbox to share pics, i much prefer photobucket to flickr. but then i have been using it for years. imageshack.us used to be a good one too, especially for throw away hostings, but again, not used that in years
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#15 Post by HALODIN »

It's pretty easy to add an image, just click "Choose File" and then click "Add the file." If you see that error it's because the resolution of the image is too high. The current limit is 1024x768. If you want to show higher res photos than 1024x768 (not sure why you would) then you'll have to use a service like flikr or something similar.

I've never understood why forums don't resize images on the fly to avoid this. Lazy bloody developers!
Sixshot6 wrote:I know I'm not new here anymore, but I have a query about posting pictures on here. Tried to upload a picture to the show us your rimfire's thread. It said it wasn't valid. Any reason why this might be? Is there a minimum size for pictures to upload here? Its picture taken on my cameron, but that should not be a problem I guess?