Lost Paperwork

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

benp1992
Home club or Range: Bicester

Lost Paperwork

#1 Post by benp1992 »

So..... I applied for my first FAC at the start of April around easter shortley after on the 7th my Cheque was cashed in. I rang up my local FAO and he can't find me anywhere on the system. So he said he will do some digging. What happens if they can't find any of my paperwork do i just have to go back to square one and redo the whole form and join back in the queue or would they rush me through?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Lost Paperwork

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

I hope they'd process your application from the date it was originally submitted (which the cheque is evidence of), but if they're completely snowed under it just be 'on of those things' and it'll be processed from when the resubmitted documents reach the FEO :bad:

Anyway fingerscrossed the find your original

EDIT: Good job on following it up so quickly though, some people wait 2-3 months before even asking whats going on and the problem is only discovered then!
DVC
benp1992

#3 Post by benp1992 »

The FAO was a bit confused as to why the cheque was cashed and he couldn't find me. Im going to ring back next Tuesday and see whats going on.
zanes

#4 Post by zanes »

Guessing as you're in Bicester you come under TVP? They've recently had a major flood by all accounts.
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.
benp1992

#5 Post by benp1992 »

Yea i come under TVP. Yea i heard about the flood. But surely when they reccive an application the first thing is to put it on the computer system then pay the cheque
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#6 Post by kennyc »

benp1992 wrote:Yea i come under TVP. Yea i heard about the flood. But surely when they reccive an application the first thing is to put it on the computer system then pay the cheque
nope thats too simple, the money is apparently dealt with by another department. Keep ringing them, but I would be filling in the paperwork again in preparation for them telling you it is lost!
benp1992

#7 Post by benp1992 »

Just got off the phone with a FEO and i have my visit in two weeks.
Blackstuff

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

Had they lost your paperwork then or was it just an admin error or what?
DVC
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#9 Post by Les »

benp1992 wrote:Just got off the phone with a FEO and i have my visit in two weeks.
Result! shakeshout
benp1992

#10 Post by benp1992 »

May of been an Admin error, the guy do my visit is not my local FEO but i will ask the question when he's here.