My FAC "Journey"

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: My FAC "Journey"

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

Lead-Fouling wrote:
zanes wrote: Clay pigeon should be (as per the HO guidance) an automatic condition for FAC shotguns, but I would (and did) put a note on the application that I would be expecting this condition as per the guidance.
This must be a silly question but do I put Practical Shooting in the reason section and later on in the continuation sheet write.
"The shotguns to which the applications relates should also be available for use clay pigeon shooting". Or something to that effect? (This is why I want to upload my application once I have my FAC half my questions are silly ones like this)
On the form;

Calibre
12bore

Type
Multi-shot shotgun

Reason
Target shooting - Practical Shotgun and clay pigeons at Dartford Shooting Ground and other suitable ranges
DVC
zanes

Re: My FAC "Journey"

#12 Post by zanes »

Lead-Fouling wrote:
zanes wrote: Clay pigeon should be (as per the HO guidance) an automatic condition for FAC shotguns, but I would (and did) put a note on the application that I would be expecting this condition as per the guidance.
This must be a silly question but do I put Practical Shooting in the reason section and later on in the continuation sheet write.
"The shotguns to which the applications relates should also be available for use clay pigeon shooting". Or something to that effect? (This is why I want to upload my application once I have my FAC half my questions are silly ones like this)
I'd personally do it this way (I think I actually put it in the covering letter I wrote with the variation), as clay pigeon shooting is not "good reason" for FAC shotgun.

TBH, it's easy to over think things like this- if the basic application is solid (which it sounds like it is) you'll be able to discuss any confusion with the FEO at visit time.
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.