Moving gunsafe

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Do you tell FEO regarding to changes to security measures?

Always.
38%
Only when possibly degrading security.
12%
Rarely.
No votes
Might
23%
Would never.
27%

Total votes: 26

Lead-Fouling
Home club or Range: Hawley CSG

Re: Moving gunsafe

#11 Post by Lead-Fouling »

Dougan wrote:LF - I'm confused...you've said you're waiting to make an FAC application...do you mean a 'variation' or did you previously only have an shotgun cert?
I have a shotgun cert. and I'm looking to get a FAC got somewhat swept up in practical shooting.

Then I need to put in another gun safe for a mate applying for his first sgc! Original plan was to give him my 3 gun safe and him chip in for me to get a 6 gun safe with me doing the installing.
Dougan

#12 Post by Dougan »

Ah, OK...makes sense now.

Yes you will definitely get a visit; it all part of the FAC process - It will be at an appointed time convenient to both you and your FEO...they check out your security arrangements (so good you'll have a safe already fitted) and have a chat about what guns you want and what you intend to use them for (target shooting or rough/hunting)...the length of the visit often depends on how many other appointments they have, or how nice your biscuits are...

...it's nothing to worry about; I've always found my FEO very reasonable (though unfortunately recently retired and I haven't met her replacement yet), even though my cat went for her during my last renewal :o lol
Lead-Fouling
Home club or Range: Hawley CSG

#13 Post by Lead-Fouling »

Dougan wrote: ...it's nothing to worry about; I've always found my FEO very reasonable (though unfortunately recently retired and I haven't met her replacement yet), even though my cat went for her during my last renewal :o lol
My cat had a go at my FEO when I was getting my SGC lol I warned him she was evil but he took no notice, mine seems nice enough but did insist I go some sort of "safety" lesson before moving forwards with my application which put me off.
fra150l

#14 Post by fra150l »

I have always informed when I have replace or moved cabinet, so far they have always come to check security of cabinet. Way I see it should there ever be an issue with cabinet or security - they have been and checked it.
Plus it gives you a chance to meet FAO and ask about any variations etc. It was his visit to renew my SGC where he suggested I get an FAC.
Always found my visits friendly and helpful.