Recoil Pads

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Recoil Pads

#11 Post by froggy »

bruise on my shoulder after shooting .308 last week ... it freaked out the wife

Maybe ...

but that bored blonde neighbour of yours thinks those bruises make you look all manly & handsome.
"very yummy" & "bang stick", I think are the words she was mumbling all lost in her thoughts ...

I say Stop listening to the wife ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#12 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I've got a shoulder pad that I wear when I shoot my Mauser. Its the only rifle that I have that makes me want to use it. All of my other 30 cal rifles don't seem to hurt as much, it just feels different to the rest somehow.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#13 Post by daman »

WelshShooter wrote: Ah, there could be a chance that the whole butt isn't contacting your shoulder?
Yes, pretty sure thats what happened. I leant into a low benchrest and probably only 20-30% of the (narrow) stock contacted directly with the shoulder bone.

Oddly almost completely painless, and now pain afterwards - just a vivid technicolour bloom :oops: :bad:
Who? Me? Really?
daman
Site Supporter 2021

#14 Post by daman »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:I've got a shoulder pad that I wear when I shoot my Mauser. Its the only rifle that I have that makes me want to use it. All of my other 30 cal rifles don't seem to hurt as much, it just feels different to the rest somehow.
My Zastava is a Mauser action, but I suspect the issue is more to do with the very slim sporter stock (and my bad technique off the bench). Does your Mauser have a narrow stock?
Who? Me? Really?
daman
Site Supporter 2021

#15 Post by daman »

froggy wrote:bruise on my shoulder after shooting .308 last week ... it freaked out the wife

I say Stop listening to the wife ;)
lol clapclap

Oh, she says I can't troutslapping
Who? Me? Really?