FAC missing Ammo Allowance

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

FAC missing Ammo Allowance

#1 Post by froggy »

Salut,

I received a new "one for one" variation for a rifle in a new calibre to me. The police rightly remove the ammo for the previous calibre that I did not wish any longer to have but forgot (I hope) to stipulate the ammo quantity I can hold for the new one.

I have sent an email that only prompted an auto reply & I tried unsuccessfully to call them .

Anybody had similar experience & know the procedure to remedy the problem ?
I assume I have to send my FAC back with a cover letter highlighting the ammo omission ? Should I join a duplicate of my original request that they have agreed to that also shows the ammo I requested ?

Thanks VM for you advice ,
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

Re: FAC missing Ammo Allowance

#2 Post by Kungfugerbil »

My ticket came back missing a couple of moderators. I phoned them (North Yorks) and they were incredibly apologetic - a new certificate plopped onto the mat two days later with the instruction to send the old one in.

Phoning is in my experience ten times as productive as emails :) Very disappointing if you can't get through to a human and explain though.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

100% Normal

I've had all sorts of mistakes & omissions - due to human error - yet the details are all computerised! Work that one out....
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

The details are computerised, the operators aren't?? :run:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

yup had a nice new .223 and no ammo allowance! rang Firearms and arranged to go and exchange the FAC for a reprinted one with the correct allowances. TVP did it while I waited.