Bipod

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Sureshot

Bipod

#1 Post by Sureshot »

Hi there does anyone know if it is still possible to get and use a bipod for a Krico .22 ? Better question how much do they cost ?
No I have not googled it as perhaps someone may have had good experiences or bad experiences with one.

Regards
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Bipod

#2 Post by meles meles »

We have plenty of bad experiences with bipeds...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

If it has a front stud on the underside of the forend you should be able to fit a Harris type bipod or similar. A well known auction site is full of suitable bipods for under GBP20.00 Go for the lowest you can use and one that swivels/cants is better than a fixed version.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mullen7
Home club or Range: Clydevalley PC

#4 Post by mullen7 »

Took the top of my thumb off with my bipod last week... I'd say I've had bad experiences with them.

On the other hand it depends on quality. Buy a cheap one and it'll bend and give up the cost after a few months. Spend money, get a Harris and it'll last a lifetime.
Triple2

#5 Post by Triple2 »

I'm using a Deben 9"-13" swivel bipod, seems to be one of the better Harris copies. I think I paid £40 for it second hand off one of the forums. I would steer clear of some of the really cheap ones, I tried one and the build quality isn't great.
:flag13:Aim small,miss small.