license application form

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

dwdw

license application form

#1 Post by dwdw »

I am new to shooting & want to control vermin around my chicken runs. I am still confused over Q14 I have seen two rifles both .22, do I need to fill in two rows on the Q14 form ie one row for each rifle?

Rgds Dw.
Rockhopper

Re: license application form

#2 Post by Rockhopper »

Yes, a separate row for each rifle you want to own. The might ask you to justify why you want two rifles of the same calibre though.
dwdw

#3 Post by dwdw »

many thanks for your reply, didnt look at it like that ie only shoot one gun at a time. Rgds DW.
Rockhopper

#4 Post by Rockhopper »

You've got to have a reason for having each gun - just because you want one isn't good enough sadly!
bigfathairybiker

#5 Post by bigfathairybiker »

Something to think about is the firearms officer will probably ask what you have done already using other methods to control the "vermin" and what measures you have in place to avoid attracting the "vermin".

They will also need to verify that the land is suitable for firearms use.

Mark
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#6 Post by Les »

I'm assuming that the vermin in question are rats, in which case an air rifle might be all you need ....... although I don't blame you for 'needing' a .22rf! ;)
dwdw

#7 Post by dwdw »

Thanks for all the replies, have stopped keeping the chickens temporarily due to problems with the rats also have noticed a lot more rabbits around this year in comparison to other years.
Geordie bloke

#8 Post by Geordie bloke »

My local Firearms dept rang me a few days ago to confirm my renewal form requirements. I already have a 7mm rifle and wanted another. They asked why I wanted another 7mm and I just said that it would have a different chamber size, rifle configuration and it was for a different competition discipline and they were happy with that. Got my FAC back this morning and my requirements were all on there, so good to go until 2021.