license application

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

dwdw

license application

#1 Post by dwdw »

Think I already know this answer where it asks about previous convictions, I was fined for speeding in 1972. So as it says all except parking will I need to declare this?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: license application

#2 Post by dromia »

Yes.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#3 Post by Gazoo »

marked man
Alea Jacta Est
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Better to tell them all as they probably already have it on record however I doubt speeding in 1972 is going to be an issue. Actually having said this, I was fined for no rear L plate and defective rear brake on a motorbike in 1974 and had forgotten all about it until I read this and I certainly did not mention it when I did my last FAC and SGC renewals.

{waits for knock on door...}
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#5 Post by hitchphil »

125mph in a Citroen AX YES a Citroen AX! (OK it was the GTi but it isn't a super car.... top speed 119 :run: ) my defence in court was "here are the keys you try it! if you can get 115mph out of it some guy in the Citroen AX GTi owners club Tokyo will buy it from me & import it....& here is a copy of the French Government type approval report page 35? 'max speed 119mph GTi & 115 GT'" they agreed but did me for 95mph, 6pts & £100 blue rinse magistrate tax.

Not a problem for FAC renewal, but it was mentioned with a big wry smile by my FLO at visit. "....an AX?...really!...... O:-) "
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

"Supercar... Supercar...
With beauty and grace,
as swift as can be,
watch it flying through the air.
It travels in space,
or under the sea,
and it can journey anywhere.

Supercar... Supercar...
It travels on land,
or roams the skies,
through a heavens stormy rage,
It's Mercury-manned,
and everyone cries,
"it's the marvel of the age!"

Supercar... Supercar... Supercar!"

Supercar Theme Song

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

I know we are digressing now... :D

125 in an AX GT would be impressive, do you have a feeling for how fast you were actually going at the time? (You can whisper, nobody will hear you)

Early on we clocked our car flat out down a long hill with the Satnav which would hopefully be more accurate than the Speedo - 89MPH so no real worries about speeding however there is a minor problem, the speedo reads very slightly under at all indicated speeds. Something to be mindful when a Police car is sitting right behind you, not that we see them in our part of Lincolnshire.

Back on topic, I know someone who as a youngster enjoyed making things go bang, he was very young and mostly inquisitive and there was no malice in what he was doing. Mostly match heads and Jetex fuse stuff however he did progress to bigger and better things, mostly making reasonable sized holes in corners of remote fields or relocating shrubs or small trees.

The Police eventually got wind of what he was doing, raided his bedroom and took a few boxes of items away muttering about Terrorism charges. That was many years ago however he did manage to get himself an SGC and is quite competent at knocking clays down.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

/d

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin

#9 Post by dromia »

I've got the complete collection.

Master Spy scares the sh!te out of the grand bairns.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#10 Post by Pesty »

Timely thread. I have not sent mine off yet was going to do it tomorrow but worried about this.

I've been fined for speeding 3 times in the last 30 years. Thing is I've got a new licence and the points have gone.

I have no idea when they were one approx 9 years ago the others I couldn't even guess.

What do I put down?