15 posts vs 30? cristel Dromia or relevant moderator.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: 15 posts vs 30? cristel Dromia or relevant moderator.

#11 Post by WelshShooter »

Not to take sides but what is the purpose of being a "full member" in such a hurry? The whole purpose of the "15 meaningful" posts was to ensure people would not join the forum just to abuse the for sale section and disappear until they had something further to sell. The only way to sort the wheat from the chaff is for moderators to review each member to ensure they are not simply spamming posts in order to access the classifieds sections. If the "for sale" section is so important then why not use Guntrader, Gunstar etc. for sale of your goods?

If you need to discuss matters with the moderators personally then you should have been referred to the "House Rules" thread below which states:
"The forum contact email is admin(at)full-bore.co.uk or dromia(at)full-bore.co.uk"
http://full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7356

It would be wise to contact them directly rather than post public threads for all members to see as it doesn't set a good first impression.
Topdogpippin
Home club or Range: Frome and district pistol club Ltd.

#12 Post by Topdogpippin »

Thanks Welsh shooter but I seem to recall that you and I had exchanged several 'meaningful' posts recently about scopes and my S&B purchase in particular. The rules seem to have been amended recently to only have to include 15 posts my recollection of that was it used to be 30. I also understand that system doesn't allow an 'unreleased' member to PM full members so that has to be done via an open post. I do not, unlike others here have a shop to promote or sell anything, nor do I have a mountain or a mole hill of equipment I wish to sell. It is clearly the subjectivity of the 'face fitting exercise' which indicates if it doesn't fit........? I have read the rules (again) as you have suggested and don't feel I have transgressed them. If I had stuff to sell I would put it on Guntrader, Gunstar or Gungle or one of the auction sites. I just feel that there is subjective abuse of what little power is available. Anyway having said what has been said I guess my stay in the sin bin will be permanent or dressing room neither of which are any consequence to me I managed before the forum I will manage after.
TRG22 .308 S&B5-25x56PMII
Enfield No4MkII .303
Steyr SSG69 7.62 Kahles ZF95 10x
SGC 5.56 Spmstr match barrel Nikon M223
CZ .223 Kevlar Nikon Mon Target
Rimfire Magic 10/22 ATI Tactical Leupold VX111
Rimfire Magic 10/22 Volquartson Bush AR223
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#13 Post by DW58 »

FAO Topdogpippin ... ... ... membership of a forum doesn't normally offer or confer upon you any form of rights. Most forums (fora?) are privately owned/funded by the person(s) who set them up, so in effect it's like being in their house by invitation, and thus by their rules.

It's really quite easy - Don't wind up the Admin/Moderators or try and bend the rules, or the most likely result is you will be out on your ear. This is a relatively benign forum with few rules, so surely it's not difficult to observe the status quo.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Countryman

#14 Post by Countryman »

Just join Grumpy Old Men. It's surprising what's acceptable therein!!

Sent from my boing using "An application"
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#15 Post by WelshShooter »

Topdogpippin wrote:Thanks Welsh shooter but I seem to recall that you and I had exchanged several 'meaningful' posts recently about scopes and my S&B purchase in particular. The rules seem to have been amended recently to only have to include 15 posts my recollection of that was it used to be 30. I also understand that system doesn't allow an 'unreleased' member to PM full members so that has to be done via an open post. I do not, unlike others here have a shop to promote or sell anything, nor do I have a mountain or a mole hill of equipment I wish to sell. It is clearly the subjectivity of the 'face fitting exercise' which indicates if it doesn't fit........? I have read the rules (again) as you have suggested and don't feel I have transgressed them. If I had stuff to sell I would put it on Guntrader, Gunstar or Gungle or one of the auction sites. I just feel that there is subjective abuse of what little power is available. Anyway having said what has been said I guess my stay in the sin bin will be permanent or dressing room neither of which are any consequence to me I managed before the forum I will manage after.
I do recall such a conversation and I am not disregarding those posts, I'm just trying to play devil's advocate and restate some of the rules which may help explain your situation. As you have also stated, you don't own a shop and do not wish to abuse the for sale section but please try to see it from a moderators point of view. If someone wanted to abuse the for sale section and have access to pm's then would they not eagerly pursue their full membership and question why it has not been granted? I would imagine that full membership would be given faster if one continued to contribute without asking for it.

Just some food for thought.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

Countryman wrote:Just join Grumpy Old Men. It's surprising what's acceptable therein!!

Sent from my boing using "An application"
It's quieter than it used to be......
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#17 Post by froggy »

It's quieter than it used to be......
sadly :bad:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#18 Post by polemass »

When Dromia decided you need permission to enter GOM I dropped dead fred on it....
DL.

#19 Post by DL. »

polemass wrote:When Dromia decided you need permission to enter GOM I dropped dead fred on it....
Do you think it was purely his decision?
Or more that members like Spud,Colin and a few others didn't like having access to it whined about it as much as they did.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

My understanding is access to GoM is not only by request, you also need to be given access. So asking is not enough to get to the inner sanctum, good job as well I think, imagine if all and sundry had access :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal