Rossi Lever action

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

EDP
Home club or Range: TWTSC

Re: Rossi Lever action

#11 Post by EDP »

I have a major spinal prob and shooting 38 special through my Rossi 92 is about as sweet as Centre-fire can be!
the running man

#12 Post by the running man »

Just a bit of a foot note and egg sucking to most here but I do get annoyed by people on a 25m or even a 50m range shooting stoked right up ammo when you only need it to get to 50 accurately....not 300m....I experimented with loads from it just falling out the end of the barrell to a full Magnum load and I can tell you that my 44 marlin when clamped to the rest goes all through the same hole at 50m with a 240gn bullet and 4.9 gns of American select...the recoil is half of that experienced by the guys using s*** or gm3.......foot note over! goodjob
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

Haha. I find it odd too but it can depend on the barrel! When I shot a ladder test with my .45 Colt under lever the best results were about 20% of the way up from minimum load to max load so I load that but if it had grouped best at 100% max load then that's what I'd load to!
the running man

#14 Post by the running man »

safetyfirst wrote:Haha. I find it odd too but it can depend on the barrel! When I shot a ladder test with my .45 Colt under lever the best results were about 20% of the way up from minimum load to max load so I load that but if it had grouped best at 100% max load then that's what I'd load to!
Yeah Ide go with that....it's rare that one does need to Stoke it up but I guess if you need to then do it....

We have a lot of folk who shoot downloaded rifles at our range 2150fps max, some use u know 11 gns of unique like me in their. 303 but others have it running just under the envelope.....it's so they don't have to load twice, they use the same load out at the local 200 yard range...

It gets on a lot of people's nerves as they all sound hot and we are constantly chrono'ing people loads...
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#15 Post by froggy »

I now have arthritis in my left shoulder.
Shoot from the right ? O:-)

I shot once a Vz58 7,62x39 fitted with a "recoil absorbing (??)" FAB-Defence stock . The recoil on a Vz is already quite "soft" to start with but this stock made it even softer. Maybe one chambered in 5.56x45 (I never tried but would imagine it is even marginaly softer) with one of those stock & a muzle brake might be the answer to your problem ??
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
EDP

#16 Post by EDP »

Those Fab defence recoil absorbing butt stocks are excellent on an AR platform firearm - with the buffer tube system and that butt stock + a quality brake you are sorted. But I don't know if he'll be thinking of VZs or ARs rather than cowboy action Rossis?
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#17 Post by redcat »

If the Rossi has a flat butt I can recommend this piece of kit. Doubt it would be any good on a crescent butt.

Redcat
Attachments
p.jpg
p.jpg (3.08 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Dahonis

#18 Post by Dahonis »

Thank you for the tips....surgery now done, going to shoot a few different rifles at the club then go with whats less painful.

Might start with my boys spud gun in the garden lol
EDP

#19 Post by EDP »

If it's any help, I have a metal reinforced spine and yet my 20" round barrel Rossi "92 .357/.38sp feels hardly any different to my .22lr.