Clubs in West Kent

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

fenix
Home club or Range: Bisley

Clubs in West Kent

#1 Post by fenix »

I currently shoot at Bisley through a small club, mainly .308 at the moment. I am looking for a local club that shoots a variety of disciplines, rather than being 100% TR focussed. Somewhere that shoots LBR and BP pistols would interest me. Just wondered if anybody can point me towards a club. Tonbridge, Twells, out to Maidstone would be the ideal area. I have contacted Reeds by email but they are full at the moment, hopefully visiting Tunbridge Wells Target Shooting club some time late March, it sounds like they have a backlog of potential members as well.

Cheers

Jon
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Clubs in West Kent

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sailor

#3 Post by Sailor »

You've probably found the only clubs in the area. I'm a member of t.wells so if you want any more info send me a PM. There's also Tubslake you could look into. Both offer a half decent variety.

Sent from my LT30p using "An application"
fenix

#4 Post by fenix »

Thanks for the info. I have used the various club finders and turned up a few options, Twells looks like the best bet at the moment, I have contacted the secretary, hopefully I will be able to go along for a look in March. Sounds like most of the clubs have a backlog of prospective members. The other local club is Hildenborough out at Gaza Barracks weald, not sure what distance they shoot at.

Cheers

Jon
Richie092

#5 Post by Richie092 »

fenix wrote:Thanks for the info. I have used the various club finders and turned up a few options, Twells looks like the best bet at the moment, I have contacted the secretary, hopefully I will be able to go along for a look in March. Sounds like most of the clubs have a backlog of prospective members. The other local club is Hildenborough out at Gaza Barracks weald, not sure what distance they shoot at.

Cheers

Jon
I'm a member at Maidstone and we shoot all disciplines. Probationers meet Wednesday nights, full members on Mondays. Not that local to you but a great club.
fenix

#6 Post by fenix »

Bit of an update on this. Have visited Tunbridge Wells Target Shooting Club, and have found them to be a really friendly bunch, but they also have some great experience in the club with very good coaches. Main thing I am interested in is BP pistol shooting, they have dedicated range time and coaches for this, but the .22LR and air rifle facilities are also good (outdoor 50 and 100 yard ranges). Bonus for me is that the range is on the way home from work, so I can call in for a quick shoot. Going to drop in Tuesday after work and sort out my membership forms.