NRA or BASC or another

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: NRA or BASC or another

#61 Post by Christel »

I for one would like a less negative response on this forum in regards to NRA postings.

I am all for debate and not agreeing but lately the posts have been getting a tad unpleasant, not just in this thread.

It is important that we all acknowledge the facts and not just respond with our own opinion about any organisation.
If in doubt regardless of personal opinion, please ask the questions you do not have the answers to before slamming the NRA, read what is being answered, get a second opinion before forming your own. Be nice :D

The NRA is the only organisation on here who is actively posting, I have not seen any posts from BASC lately. The Sportsman Association decided not to join and good thing too because since I emailed them I have received emails from them as if I signed up for it which I most certainly did not do. I find that extremely flippant to just include me in the emails they send out. That to me indicates a certain attitude I do not want on here.

Yes, I am pro NRA and I am proud of supporting such an old institution, flawed or not depending on who you ask. I can see flaws however I am also confident that it will get better, it will get over the problems facing it now. There are some really competent people working towards viable solutions. One thing though, Bisley cannot move so therefore the NRA will have less appeal to people living far away however this should not mean they have to slag the NRA off. Distance may make the NRA less of an option but not necessarily a no good organisation.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#62 Post by Blackstuff »

karen wrote:
Blackstuff wrote: But BASC is the closest thing to a national organisation and they were the only publically visible shooter organisation that stuck their heads above the parapets after the Cumbrian shootings. In fact, in imho i think they had a direct influence in getting the HAC to (seeminly) listening to shooters aswell as the knee-jerk hand-wringers :good:
With respect - bollox! :G :G

Actually the NRA were first on the case as a certain helicopter pilot phoned what was happening into us before it got into the media. We were in action well before the story broke.

It was decided very quickly by ALL the shooting organisations to have a single voice and that voice would be BASC.

We were there, we did a HELL of a lot of work but were quite happy to let BASC lead on this.

Love

Karen
Hmm, if BASC were nominated to be the public spokes body i fail to see how my statement was b0ll0x?? I didn't see any other organisation mentioned once in any news report, and i followed the story very, very carefully in the wake.

However, if the NRA played a key role in the background stuff then the NRA have my utmost thanks :good:

It's just a shame that all the shooting organisations couldn't merge/act as one permenantly :cool2:
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#63 Post by Christel »

Blackstuff,

I am of the opinion that one national body would be fantastic, in the real world I am not so sure it will work.

Some more thoughts....I think BASC is a very good organisation however they are predominantly for hunters and they do not have their own shooting grounds like the NRA has Bisley. It is down to your needs isn't it. Your needs do not make an organisation bad though.
Sandgroper

#64 Post by Sandgroper »

The NRA is the only organisation on here who is actively posting, I have not seen any posts from BASC lately. The Sportsman Association decided not to join and good thing too because since I emailed them I have received emails from them as if I signed up for it which I most certainly did not do.
Christel,
I e-mailed BASC with a couple of questions this morning and decided to mention the forum in the hope that they will take a more active part in the forum. Hope this is alright.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Robin128

#65 Post by Robin128 »

christel wrote:I for one would like a less negative response on this forum in regards to NRA postings.

I am all for debate and not agreeing but lately the posts have been getting a tad unpleasant, not just in this thread.

It is important that we all acknowledge the facts and not just respond with our own opinion about any organisation.
If in doubt regardless of personal opinion, please ask the questions you do not have the answers to before slamming the NRA, read what is being answered, get a second opinion before forming your own. Be nice :D

The NRA is the only organisation on here who is actively posting, I have not seen any posts from BASC lately. The Sportsman Association decided not to join and good thing too because since I emailed them I have received emails from them as if I signed up for it which I most certainly did not do. I find that extremely flippant to just include me in the emails they send out. That to me indicates a certain attitude I do not want on here.

Yes, I am pro NRA and I am proud of supporting such an old institution, flawed or not depending on who you ask. I can see flaws however I am also confident that it will get better, it will get over the problems facing it now. There are some really competent people working towards viable solutions. One thing though, Bisley cannot move so therefore the NRA will have less appeal to people living far away however this should not mean they have to slag the NRA off. Distance may make the NRA less of an option but not necessarily a no good organisation.

What diabolical nonsense Christel. Both Dromia and myself have put forward constructive criticism only to be met with words like "it gets right up my nose", "they still bang on about how we don't do stuff", "idiots", "slag off", "I tell someone a truth/fact"....JEEEEZE!

This used to be a forum where anyone could express their own point of view without fear or favour...unless of course the subject matter is the NRA and it involves the female chronies. :55:

As I have said earlier..what ever you girls say..all fact ...no more debate from me.

Yeauch!!!

Talk about GT!

:cool2:

Edit spelin :lol:
Ovenpaa

#66 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robin128 wrote:What diabolical nonsense Christel. Both Dromia and myself have put forward constructive criticism only to be met with words like "it gets right up my nose", "they still bang on about how we don't do stuff", "idiots", "slag off", "I tell someone a truth/fact"....JEEEEZE!

This used to be a forum where anyone could express their own point of view without fear or favour...unless of course the subject matter is the NRA and it involves the female chronies. :55:

As I have said earlier..what ever you girls say..all fact ...no more debate from me.

Yeauch!!!

Talk about GT!

:cool2:

Edit spelin :lol:
I am sorry you feel this is moving towards being another GT Rob. Ten months ago when I told Christel the UK shooting forum I could be found at most had just been slashed and she created this one I certainly never expected such a comment to be made so quickly and to me it must mean something is fundamentally wrong.

F-B(UK) *should* be a forum for shooters that allows free comment without personal attacks, the sort of forum that provokes thought and shares ideas and ideals, after all we are for the most active shooters in multiple disciplines and as such we have to be united which right now is not being demonstrated.

A sad day for F-B(UK) and I say that with some emotion as I have always been proud to be associated with this forum.

Christel is away from the forum right now and no doubt will comment, I will also discuss it with her.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#67 Post by Mike357 »

Might I suggest that this thread be locked and a discussion held privately?

The NRA issue always creates fierce debate but it needs to be constructive and shooters as a whole need to work together for a common goal otherwise we are screwed!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Christel
Site Admin

#68 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper wrote:
The NRA is the only organisation on here who is actively posting, I have not seen any posts from BASC lately. The Sportsman Association decided not to join and good thing too because since I emailed them I have received emails from them as if I signed up for it which I most certainly did not do.
Christel,
I e-mailed BASC with a couple of questions this morning and decided to mention the forum in the hope that they will take a more active part in the forum. Hope this is alright.
Absolutely fine, I was really happy to see Mike2 posting on here at the start, would be nice to see him or someone else from BASC back on here.

Of course, all organisations have their own website to maintain and they may not have the time nor interest in spending time on a forum however I do believe that it is beneficial to everybody that we all do.