NRA or BASC or another

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

EagerNoSkill

Re: NRA or BASC or another

#51 Post by EagerNoSkill »

christel wrote:
ovenpaa wrote: and Christel with her gurlie gun.
:55: :55:

Can't believe you called her that.
She is not gurlie, she is kewl.

Eagernoskills, help me out here!
If there wasn't so many witnesses I would have liberated the ubber Chritel-22 :lol:
Freaking laser not a gun
The gun has broken 2ballistic program of mine
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
EagerNoSkill

#52 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Ovenpaa and Christel
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
You two I would share a foxhole with anytime
:0037:

You helped me reconnect with my soul sport and that AI of ovenpaa is The Dog :wales: :goodjob:

Machine gun ammo and V at 1000 yards :clap: in real winds
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#53 Post by Ovenpaa »

EagerNoSkill wrote:If there wasn't so many witnesses I would have liberated the ubber Chritel-22 :lol:
Freaking laser not a gun
When you get one to work let me know please, I am yet to intelligently calculate the 22C drops beyond 1000 yards, acording to my calculations it shoots 4MOA flatter than it should do at 1200, I cannot understand how such a round can get to 1200 in 30ish MOA and we have chronoed it multiple times....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#54 Post by kennyc »

ovenpaa wrote:
EagerNoSkill wrote:If there wasn't so many witnesses I would have liberated the ubber Chritel-22 :lol:
Freaking laser not a gun
When you get one to work let me know please, I am yet to intelligently calculate the 22C drops beyond 1000 yards, acording to my calculations it shoots 4MOA flatter than it should do at 1200, I cannot understand how such a round can get to 1200 in 30ish MOA and we have chronoed it multiple times....
could be the type of ammo :P
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#55 Post by HeatherW762 »

Robin128 wrote:
HeatherW762 wrote:
I tend to stay out of these discussions as I know I will just be shouted down by Dromia & Robin (hence why I've been silent on many subjects) ...Heather
Oh, come off it... :G ...dare anyone disagree with you or have a different viewpoint?

:roll: :roll: :D

I don't have a problem with different points of view at all and, as far as I'm concerned, I will continue to learn new stuff until the day I die. However, it gets right up my nose when I tell someone a truth/fact but they still bang on about how we don't do stuff for people/clubs.

Anyone taken a trip to the Tunnel Sports range complex in Dorset? Prime example of how the NRA is helping the regions (and he's planning to extend it). How about keeping Landmarc in line & making sure all the ranges charge the rigt amount - that'll be the NRA. How about being first to comment and help during Cumbria - hmmm NRA. And when it came to the handguns, the NRA did a huge amount behind the scenes but communication wasn't as easy then as now so we couldn't get the word out so easy (bearing in mind there was an NPA who were the governing body for pistols not the NRA) and please do ask the idiots who decided that the best way to show the home office et al that handguns were safe was to show them how fast they could get bullets down the range and how quickly they could draw!! Great idea when demonstrating the sport to those who are already biased :cry:

We would love to do a huge amount more but it all takes money - something we don't have a lot of - hence why me & my staff are trying to recruit as many new members as possible as well as trying to keep the ones we have. You need to be in it to win it - I think is the phrase!!

Heather

(Now awaiting.............)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Robin128

#56 Post by Robin128 »

HeatherW762 wrote:
Robin128 wrote:
HeatherW762 wrote:
I tend to stay out of these discussions as I know I will just be shouted down by Dromia & Robin (hence why I've been silent on many subjects) ...Heather
Oh, come off it... :G ...dare anyone disagree with you or have a different viewpoint?

:roll: :roll: :D

I don't have a problem with different points of view at all and, as far as I'm concerned, I will continue to learn new stuff until the day I die. However, it gets right up my nose when I tell someone a truth/fact but they still bang on about how we don't do stuff for people/clubs.

Anyone taken a trip to the Tunnel Sports range complex in Dorset? Prime example of how the NRA is helping the regions (and he's planning to extend it). How about keeping Landmarc in line & making sure all the ranges charge the rigt amount - that'll be the NRA. How about being first to comment and help during Cumbria - hmmm NRA. And when it came to the handguns, the NRA did a huge amount behind the scenes but communication wasn't as easy then as now so we couldn't get the word out so easy (bearing in mind there was an NPA who were the governing body for pistols not the NRA) and please do ask the idiots who decided that the best way to show the home office et al that handguns were safe was to show them how fast they could get bullets down the range and how quickly they could draw!! Great idea when demonstrating the sport to those who are already biased :cry:

We would love to do a huge amount more but it all takes money - something we don't have a lot of - hence why me & my staff are trying to recruit as many new members as possible as well as trying to keep the ones we have. You need to be in it to win it - I think is the phrase!!

Heather

(Now awaiting.............)

Play the foul card without good cause and this is the response...

What ever you say Heather.

:|
karen

#57 Post by karen »

Totally agree with everything Heather has said on this one.

Whatever we do and whatever we say certain people obviously know better than we do :( Case in point was the recent Bisley Live stuff

Noone minds constructive criticism but sometimes it comes across very unpleasantly.

We want to help, we want to do our best but there really is no pleasing some people who just don't seem to believe what we say!

Love

Karen
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#58 Post by HeatherW762 »

Hope the journey went well Karen. What's the weather like - as if we can't guess!!

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#59 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sunblock and no waterproofs weather Karen?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#60 Post by Robin128 »

Yes, quite right all fact.

:good: