Range bag

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Gun Pimp

Re: Range bag

#11 Post by Gun Pimp »

ovenpaa wrote:How do you carry the front rest and rear bag Vince?
Using an Aim bag rucksack-style leaves both hands free - one for the shooting mat and the other for the front rest. Rear bag goes in the drag bag - plus a good bit of other 'doos & sods' not shown on the pic.

Most shooters appear to be using the Aims these days - especially if you have to walk (as opposed to drive) to the firing-point.

Cheers
Vince
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have tried the rucksack approach as well, it does work but does make for a heavy load with a rifle, bag and all the other paraphernalia, especially when time is against me walking up the hill from from say the 800 to 1000 on Stickledown during a competition. This is the one bit I dislike about F Open.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John25

#13 Post by John25 »

Over the years, I have used bags, tool-boxes etc. in hundreds of combinations.

One of the reasons for shooting mainly 'F' class and shooting mostly at either 600 or 1000x is so that I can use the universal range equipment carrier known more commonly as the car boot!

:good:

Failing that, a large, waterproof plastic tool box 'bungeed' to a fishing trolley.

My retirement present to myself, a golf buggy, will sort the rest!

:roll:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#14 Post by bobbob »

One long wheel base Transit connect, one bobbob, sorted. That's what bnz uses anyway :D :D
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Gun Pimp

#15 Post by Gun Pimp »

ovenpaa wrote: walking up the hill from from say the 800 to 1000 on Stickledown during a competition. This is the one bit I dislike about F Open.
'Up hill' - on Stickledown? You should try the same walk at Diggle - now that's up hill!

Vince
Mr_Logic

#16 Post by Mr_Logic »

ovenpaa wrote:I have a personal dislike for range bags but do recognise that they are needed, for me the biggest problem is finding something that has actually worked.

If I am out with the AI then I am of the opinion that if it does not fit in the bag it does not come to the firing point. The bag being an original L96 drag bag. If I am shooting the 7mm it is a very different story, I have a trolley which takes the front rest and rifle and a sports type bag with all the bits I need, it is a far from ideal solution and needs changing.

To give you an idea this is the firing point at 1100 when I was chronoing.

Slight hijack... With the chrono, do you just set that up ahead of any shooting and leave it there till the end?
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Actually I tend to set it up and then shoot it but that is just me... :oops:

My preference is to set it up, use it and then pack it away again when there is a safe lull in the shooting as I find something in front of me quite distracting.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#18 Post by Mr_Logic »

ovenpaa wrote:Actually I tend to set it up and then shoot it but that is just me... :oops:

My preference is to set it up, use it and then pack it away again when there is a safe lull in the shooting as I find something in front of me quite distracting.
OK, so people are happy with that? i always assumed that'd be a big no so I never asked the question! Might have to revisit!!
John25

#19 Post by John25 »

On a personal note, if anyone wants to set up and take down a chrono which 'impinges' on my shooting he/she is perfectly welcome. As long as they don't take the :squirrel: of course.

My opinion is that, should someone object without reason, that person is 'unsportsperson-like'

:good:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

I try to get the Chrono set up bright and early before shooting commences so it does not impact my fellow shooters. I find people around me are usually fine with it and will often have a quick go through it as well. I have not had a complaint so far.
/d

Shed Journal