FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

benp1992
Home club or Range: Bicester

Re: FAC Questions

#111 Post by benp1992 »

Anyone know the current turn around time for Thames Valley is. Sent mine in on Friday asking for 2 .22RF 1 7.62 and 1 .303.
Also 1200 rounds of .22 and 700 of each .303 and 7.62.

Starting to think i should of asked for one more 7.62 as L39's are taing my fancy aswell.
Grahamcs
Home club or Range: NA

#112 Post by Grahamcs »

Hi guys,

After a situation with my sons health (hospital operation complications) and two new jobs in 6 months I have had to prioritise and shelve the fac application. The cabinet is still boxed!!

Anyway I completed the forms and got my reference photos and forms signed end of November last year 2014 already to go. I am still a fully paid up member of my club but still use the club rifles.

My question is should I redo the forms and references and photos or are they still ok to send in with the cheque?

The price seems to have increased as well to £88 is that correct?
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#113 Post by safetyfirst »

My advice would be to call your licensing dept, tell them nothing has changed but you filled them in and signed them last year.

See what they say, it's down to their whim really!

Good to hear you're getting going again, hope 2015 is kinder to you!
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#114 Post by mag41uk »

Grahamcs wrote:Hi guys,

After a situation with my sons health (hospital operation complications) and two new jobs in 6 months I have had to prioritise and shelve the fac application. The cabinet is still boxed!!

Anyway I completed the forms and got my reference photos and forms signed end of November last year 2014 already to go. I am still a fully paid up member of my club but still use the club rifles.

My question is should I redo the forms and references and photos or are they still ok to send in with the cheque?

The price seems to have increased as well to £88 is that correct?
It sounds to me like you don't have the right forms?
Grahamcs
Home club or Range: NA

#115 Post by Grahamcs »

Hi,

Do you have a link to the correct forms so that I can check please?

Regards

Graham
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#116 Post by jay851 »

Hi
still a bit unclear on the whole fac buying/selling process.
i am selling my 22lr rifle soon and want to replace it with another, so is there a time limit between selling and buying.
and can i just inform the police by email as have done before, or does the license need sending off.
thanks
jay
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#117 Post by Andy632 »

jay851 wrote:Hi
i am selling my 22lr rifle soon and want to replace it with another, so is there a time limit between selling and buying.
and can i just inform the police by email as have done before, or does the license need sending off.
thanks
jay
If you want to sell a rifle & replace it with another in the same calibre you require a variation (normally referred to as a 1 for 1 & it is free) to give you "Authorisation to acquire".
That is unless you already have the authorisation to acquire another firearm of the same calibre.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#118 Post by WelshShooter »

jay851 wrote:Hi
thanks
jay
Do you have a spare .22lr slot? If you do, then you can sell your rifle and purchase one imediately. If you do not have a spare slot, then you will have to sell your rifle, send your FAC back to Firearms Licencing, ask for a 1-for-1 variation (i.e. you wish to maintain the .22lr slot) and wait for the your FAC to come back. Then you may then buy another .22lr.

With regards to e-mail or sending; you will have to post your FAC back to your local Firearms Licencing Department. When I buy rifles, I complete one of the necessary forms and e-mail a PDF copy to my local Firearms Licencing Department though it might be worthwhile calling them first to make sure they are happy with this (we know that the Police usually don't have continuity).

This is what I've done in the past with no issues (Bridgend, South Wales Police Force) so I hope this helps!
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#119 Post by jay851 »

Cheers fella. No spare slot so fac has to go back, bummer as it took 4 months last time.
may as well put in for a couple more 22lr slots while it is there.

atb
jay
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
mullen7
Home club or Range: Clydevalley PC

#120 Post by mullen7 »

Apologies for bumping this thread, don't want to create a topic for one question. What sort of questions do you get asked at your FEO interview?

Popped down to my firearms licensing department today, handed in my forms and money and was told '6 weeks' which I'm pretty content with but obviously taking it with a pinch of salt.