FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: FAC Questions

#41 Post by Blackstuff »

Tomo wrote:ok, got another sign92

What happens if i want a 5.56mm armalite straightpull for csr but i also wanted a different, longer barreled upper receiver for it as well? is that still one slot or is it classed as two?
It will depend on your FLD and whether they've ever had one before! At one point or another i've had both of the licenseable components on my certificate separately (i.e. the barrel and upper reciever), both where classed as firearms in their own right and both had their own 'slot'. So you may need to get them as separate items, or they may add them as one (i think they would only do that if they've done it before and the FLM was happy with it).

I also had a .22lr Ceiner conversion kit for my AR and I was told by the FEO that as they had never had one before and as it wasn't listed on the NFLMS they just had to "make something up" :roll: IIRC it went on my certificate as a '.22lr adaptor'?? When i sold my AR-15 filling in the guys certificate was a nightmare as the upper and lower receivers had different serial numbers and his FLD had just classed the Ceiner conversion kit as a whole .22lr rifle!? kukkuk I just bodged it and as that was a good 3 years ago and i've not heard anything i assume its all ok (he says cursing himself nicely :squirrel: )
DVC
condorman
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers Rifle Club,Ranges Paracombe-north devon & Millpool(MOD) bodmin moor cornwall

#42 Post by condorman »

Today i had my FLO visit - all went well but he reckens it could be months before i see my FAC due to backlog of firearms renewal though shotguns are up to date thats with Devon & cornwall police, a very nice friendly chap answered all my quiries and was gone in 40 mins he was very impressed with my gun & ammo lockers so now the long wait begins all i can do is look @ gunshops & drool!!!
condorman
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers Rifle Club,Ranges Paracombe-north devon & Millpool(MOD) bodmin moor cornwall

#43 Post by condorman »

Well it's now been 1 month and still no sign of a FAC man this waiting is frustrating i'm driving my wife mad,i'll give it
2 more weeks then i'll start calling the fire arms section!
condorman

#44 Post by condorman »

It's here - i received my FAC today, 1 day short of 3 months now where did i put that credit card?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#45 Post by shugie »

condorman wrote:It's here - i received my FAC today, 1 day short of 3 months now where did i put that credit card?
Be warned, the arrival of the FAC can prove very, very expensive!
Careful now/that sort of thing
RichM

#46 Post by RichM »

Hi guys, I'm just going through my application now and I'm a little confused with the referee section.

Do I just give it to the referees and they have to send it in or can they give it me back and I hand it all in together?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Geordie bloke

#47 Post by Geordie bloke »

RichM wrote:Hi guys, I'm just going through my application now and I'm a little confused with the referee section.

Do I just give it to the referees and they have to send it in or can they give it me back and I hand it all in together?

The referees must send their comments about you directly to the police FAC dept and not hand them back to you.
RichM

#48 Post by RichM »

Geordie bloke wrote:
RichM wrote:Hi guys, I'm just going through my application now and I'm a little confused with the referee section.

The referees must send their comments about you directly to the police FAC dept and not hand them back to you.
Thanks, I thought that was the case. I'm just really excited and want to get it all through ASAP.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#49 Post by Geek »

Watcher wrote:
Tower.75 wrote:.22 Rifle - Semi-auto; Buy 500, Keep 600 (although you might be able to get away with 1000 rounds as .22s burn through it quick and the police know that)
Can I suggest buy 1,000; hold 1,500. There are often discouts (round here anyway) for buying a 'brick' of a 1,000.
My initial FAC was:

.22 - buy 1000 hold 1200
.38 - buy 250 hold 300
.357 - buy 250 hold 300
.223/5.56 - buy 250 hold 300
9mm - buy 250 hold 300
12g slug - buy 100 hold 150

Allowed
12 bore shotgun
.38/.357 rifle (bought an underlever)
.22RF x 3 (asked for 2x self loading and 1x bolt action)
.223/5.56 rifle
.223/5.56 sound moderator
.22RF moderator x3

Did ask also for a 308/7.62 but was asked loose one item for my first FAC - seemed fair.

The advise was justify where you will use what you ask for, which I did. Don't ask for too much ammo purchase or hold is what seemed to come across.

The other advise was if you ask for too much on the first FAC could you afford to buy it all: probably not in most cases.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
slate

#50 Post by slate »

As a mainly .22 target shooter getting into deerstalking I have just put in for:

.22 rifle (target use)
.22 rifle (target use)
.22 rifle (target use)
.308 rifle (target, hunting Boar, Deer, Any legal quarry, zeroing)
Expanding Ammunition

.22 Hold 2000 Buy 1000
.308 Hold 200 Buy 100

I've tried to keep it as general as possible, so I've not stated the calibre of the moderator, nor of the expanding ammunition, nor the number of these bangers I will hold/buy. I get through 100/150 .22 a week atm.

I've not booked a Boar or Deer stalk yet (did DSC1 recently though), but will do so if I need to prove "good cause". Planning to do stalks in Aug and Oct. but it'll have to be loan rifles in Aug. most likely.

Will update you in September when it may be good news....