Henry Krank

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: Henry Krank

#11 Post by phaedra1106 »

General rule for the web site, if it says "Order by phone" it usually means they haven't got it in stock :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Chapuis

#12 Post by Chapuis »

ovenpaa wrote:I must admit I thought it was bigger as well. They are certainly a lot prompter at posting out stock items than some companies..
I too was surprised at how small the shop was when I visited. Also when dealing with them by post I found them to be very good. Unfortunately a friend had very serious problems with a surplus rifle that he purchased off them though they put it right eventually but it did require him to make several lengthy journeys to Leeds to get it sorted. That's the problem with buying a surplus rifle and you are a newbie to shooting.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#13 Post by redcat »

Chapuis wrote:
ovenpaa wrote:quote]
Unfortunately a friend had very serious problems with a surplus rifle that he purchased off them though they put it right eventually but it did require him to make several lengthy journeys to Leeds to get it sorted. That's the problem with buying a surplus rifle and you are a newbie to shooting.
Not really what I wanted to hear as I've just put my name on an SMLE!!! :o

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Scotsgun

#14 Post by Scotsgun »

I will never spend another penny with those f***!
devil_bri

#15 Post by devil_bri »

Being in N.Ireland, their postage costs are fantastic compared to other companies who dont realise we are part of the UK ! Lol
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#16 Post by Sixshot6 »

devil_bri wrote:Being in N.Ireland, their postage costs are fantastic compared to other companies who dont realise we are part of the UK ! Lol
Well Devil Bri, they are also the source of alot of pistol ammo for Northern Ireland and the Isle of man too.
devil_bri

#17 Post by devil_bri »

£4 for a standard parcel to here is brilliant
Countryman

#18 Post by Countryman »

Scotsgun wrote:I will never spend another penny with those f***!
Bet you do one way or another.

They seem to be the importer/distributor for bullets and powder to an awful lot of gun shops.
nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

#19 Post by nigelc »

Have bought guns, ammo, powder, bullet heads and most other shooting bits from them - both in person and by post - always had excellent service goodjob
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#20 Post by FredB »

A friend bought an unusual single shot old rifle from them, only to find that the extracor was missing. They paid a Birmingham gunsmith to make one!
Fred