Valley Arms Scotland

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Valley Arms Scotland

#1 Post by froggy »

A quick post to share with you how impress I am with Valley Arms Scotland. http://www.valleyarmsscotland.co.uk/index.htm

You may remember that the receiver frame on my CMMG M4 LE 22Lr broke. Logically I first contacted the original supplier of the rifle to my FAC. Point blank he declined to help and did not even bother responding to me when I asked him if he had any suggestions of where I could source a spare.

First John MH very kindly helped me out with a old 1st generation spare he had that kept my CMMG going :good:

Then, Bill from Valley Arms Scotland came along as I was looking around & contacted a lot of people to buy a new Gen receiver frame matching my rifle . Not only did he get me the part I needed but he also sent it to me free of charge as a replacement despite my offer to pay for it. I can only be immensely impressed and grateful for such service. Bill sent it and did not even charge me for the postage :o

I can not help feeling how I wish I had bought my 22Lr AR from Valley Arms Scotland on the first place . The day I will get a 223 upper, Bill will be my 1st call.

Many thanks Bill :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
shotgun sam

Re: Valley Arms Scotland

#2 Post by shotgun sam »

Froggy,

Bill is our Club Secretary/RFD and a few of the members have got CMMG rifles and spares from him.
I have not heard of anyone asking Bill for CMMG spares and him not being able to obtain the item, it may take a wee while to source it but they get it in the end.
If you are interested Bill also does Desert Tactical Arms in 308 with a spare 338 barrel at a reasonable cost. It is not my cup of tea being hunter it would be too heavy to lug about all day but everyone that has had a shot of it are very impressed.

Sam
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
tkd67

#3 Post by tkd67 »

Spoke to bill last week, really friendly chap. In his secondhand section he's got a nice CMMG with lots of upgrades and will honour the warranty on this rifle. Top bloke...
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#4 Post by froggy »

I have not heard of anyone asking Bill for CMMG spares and him not being able to obtain the item,

It is not so much the fact that he could get the spare, it is how decent he was about it.
Unlike the original supplier of the rifle who washed its hands about it, Bill had made no money from it, yet he went out his way to help out with no immediate financial interest for him.

To me that demonstrates good attitude that shows that Bill is indeed a bloke can be trusted :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
shotgun sam

#5 Post by shotgun sam »

Froggy,

I have known Bill for about 6 years now and know that He is a decent bloke, the point that I was making is that Bill will go the extra mile to get what you are looking for.
As a club we have a good few members with A.R type rifles and long barrelled pistols and most people want to customise their gun to suit them, most of these people get Bill to source what they are after.

Sam
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
tkd67

#6 Post by tkd67 »

[quote="tkd67"]Spoke to bill last week, really friendly chap.

Sometimes the best are just to far away to visit..
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#7 Post by DanTheMan »

Froggy, do you still have the spare frame ? mine just broke :bad:

Chuck

#8 Post by Chuck »

Known Bill for about 14 years now, he's a top bloke!!!. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!