Brownells UK

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Brownells UK

#31 Post by saddler »

Point is, mate....get stiffed by the UK Brownells/Midway franchise OR use the capitalist free market economy to buy direct from the US: except we've now been royally shafted so cannot order direct from Brownells US...even WITH a trader account & a long history of buying from them without ANY problem

Other UK dealers...likewise. Want a CZ magazine? Buy one from czub.cz
Want cheap bullets direct to the door? Lots of European suppliers that are way cheaper than having the added extra luxury of knowing you've paid the importers a fee for doing nothing that you cannot do yourself.

Fools & money are easily parted mate.
Midway here had some brass cases for sale a while back. I bought 300 identical ones, shipped from a dealer in the USA, for less...because I chose NOT to pay extra for the convenience of someone sat in an air conditioned office doing exactly what I could do myself.
Ordering from the USA is NOT rocket science....I mean, it has to be a simple proceass, or their domestic customers would not be able to manage it....
Lev

#32 Post by Lev »

Agreed, But you cant buy a lot of gun parts and accessories online from the US. Its just not possible.
One of my other major passions is knife collecting, and I buy 99% of my knives from US dealers as I know its way way cheaper. Finding the right dealer who wont stiff you on postage is a chore, but possible. Finding a US dealer who will sell you gun parts? Please let me know your contacts as Im fed up of being stiffed.
Lev

#33 Post by Lev »

In fact my last two purchases have been from the US, A Monopod for my Remington 700 and an Accu Strut for my Mini 14, both from Ebay, but its a struggle to get Itar items like high capacity mags.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#34 Post by Dark Skies »

Still no joy on the sight tool I bought and paid for over a month ago from Brownells UK
"Service: Express 24 Tracking status: Advised
There are currently no tracks for this consignment. When the consignment is seen in our network, the status of your consignment will be updated."

However, as predicted, the exact same tool, albeit used yet excellent condition, purchased from an Ebayer in New Mexico a week ago arrived today - so I can cancel the Brownells order.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sparks stu
Home club or Range: / Bicester rifle and pistol club / bisley

#35 Post by Sparks stu »

3 weeks after I paid for my order I'm now told parcel force have lost it . If anyone has a different number for brownells I'd love to have it as there listed number is allways busy . Don't think I'll be using them again
BRYAN3

#36 Post by BRYAN3 »

Brownells/Sinclair, never had a problem till now.
I made an order through Brownells on 12th and it got to Heathrow on 16th after several scans.
As far as I can tell my Fellow countrymen are sitting with their fingers up their ar535.
Meanwhile I made another order with Sinclair on 16th which they ignored for a couple of days and decided to go out of stock. My account on their website tells me "cancelled or unable to fulfill". Are they sulking because I didn't order from their UK operation? I just wish they would let me know.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#37 Post by Dark Skies »

Sparks stu wrote:3 weeks after I paid for my order I'm now told parcel force have lost it . If anyone has a different number for brownells I'd love to have it as there listed number is allways busy . Don't think I'll be using them again
I was told the same thing by Brownells today when I notified them of my wish to cancel the order. To be fair they didn't quibble and refunded my money within an hour or so of my email.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sparks stu
Home club or Range: / Bicester rifle and pistol club / bisley

#38 Post by Sparks stu »

Brownells just offered me a full refund or order again I've taken the refund option which was paid back straight away by them
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#39 Post by saddler »

Nice to see a seamless transition.

No change there then!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#40 Post by Mattnall »

I am still able to order from Brownells.com, latest order turned up this morning after spending a week in Coventry, no charges :-)

Still business as usual, as far as I can see.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.