Fultons of Bisley

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
RDC

Re: Fultons of Bisley

#11 Post by RDC »

I understand what people are saying about you standing around waiting for them to come and even acknowledge you, even when the place is empty of customers.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

Yes, I've had that too. The first time I popped in I thought perhaps they had gone for lunch and forgotten to lock up.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#13 Post by Robert303 »

All part of the character of the place, Ma Parker was even better!
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#14 Post by daman »

I once successfully purchased a breech flag there, as I've yet to have a positive experience (apart from that) there, I'll refrain from commenting further.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#15 Post by bnz41 »

Some months ago a shooting friend of mine wanted a No5 jungle carbine and thought Fultons may be worth a look, so we popped in saw one in the window asked about looking at it, was asked could we come back later, they would get it out ready so we could look it over. So several hours later we returned only to find shop empty and rifle still locked up. Same shop person came from the back we asked about the No5 he just walked straight past us into the office. No sale.... I'll refrain from commenting further and who it was....
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#16 Post by polemass »

Ah,Fultons of Bisley...they are like U2 pop band...not everybody taste...but they are there and this is a big plus...usualy O:-)
Pete
Past Supporter

#17 Post by Pete »

I heard a rumour that HPS might start up on-site and give 'em a bit of competition, which they really need, but that project appears to have gone quiet........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016

#18 Post by bnz41 »

Pete wrote:I heard a rumour that HPS might start up on-site and give 'em a bit of competition, which they really need, but that project appears to have gone quiet........

Pete
I heard that they could not rent/buy the building behind the shotgun centre that they have used before so shelved the idea.
Yogibear

#19 Post by Yogibear »

Isnt the NRA starting an expanded retail shop in the old Pavilion as part of the refurbishment?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#20 Post by shugie »

Fultons appear to be one of those magical enterprises which continue to exist without actually doing anything. My experience matches others, it's actually quite difficult to buy stuff from them.
Careful now/that sort of thing