Mp5 choice

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

hk416tv

Re: Mp5 choice

#21 Post by hk416tv »

Hi All, just my two cents, the Walther MP5 is miles ahead of the GSG. I recently bought the A4 version and have been able to add a fore-end rail, original HK claw mount and 2-7x scope and the thing fires like a dream. The GSG was more like a toy which also happens to be a firearm.

Tim
Sc1985uk

#22 Post by Sc1985uk »

Blackstuff wrote: The best way to do it will be to make your own the attached to the bottom of the magazines/floor plates. With the mags being plastic and relatively thin they are easily squeezed enough to stop the ammo feeding.
I'll keep that in mind, if I can find some spare mags wallhead

I had a change of mind on the optics and am now looking for something with 1x4 mag and maybe in a acog style, does anyone have any recommendations?

I was going to grab this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00H0B ... ref=plSrch as a temp until I find something suitable. I grabbed the mount you suggested blackstuff do you think it will fit?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

It depends on the scopes eye relief length. You can always get a mount that fixes that though.

What sort of shooting are you going to be doing with it? Its just magnification really slows you down if you're doing 'action' type shooting unless you do a LOT of training
DVC
Rockhopper

#24 Post by Rockhopper »

Slight thread diversion but has the threat of banning military style rifles gone away now? I have a spare .22 slot which I'm thinking of filling with some kind of MP5 clone.
Blackstuff

#25 Post by Blackstuff »

Its my understanding that it has now been worded in such a way that it wouldn't directly affect the guns we're already restricted to in the UK. There may be some grief relating to buying magazines if they hold more than 22 rounds.
DVC
Rockhopper

#26 Post by Rockhopper »

Cheers :-)
Sc1985uk

#27 Post by Sc1985uk »

Blackstuff wrote:It depends on the scopes eye relief length. You can always get a mount that fixes that though.

What sort of shooting are you going to be doing with it? Its just magnification really slows you down if you're doing 'action' type shooting unless you do a LOT of training
Just target for now, its eye relief leaves a lot to be desired but it was only a temp until I can find a nicer acog style optic because I want to get into action style shooting.
Blackstuff

#28 Post by Blackstuff »

I really wouldn't put an ACOG on an MP5, they have miniscule eye-relief and must be mounted extremely far back, it may not even be possible unless you remove the rear sight drum and can find a rail that would also cover that area. Also because ACOGs were designed with the AR platform in mind they sit very high and the drop stock on the MP5 would give a terrible cheek weld. Save you money and get something else!
DVC
Sc1985uk

#29 Post by Sc1985uk »

Cheers for the advice, I have stuck a UTG 4.2 on there for now. I had to take the riser off as it was too high with the drop on the stock as you mentioned.
sean
Home club or Range: shr&pc

#30 Post by sean »

I have a first generation GSG 5 SD, I've had no problems with mine, it does get a complete strip down,clean and tightness check of all screws and fixings @1000 rounds, and squirt of ballistol in the breech housing before each range visit.