Mp5 choice

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Mp5 choice

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

Shooting close to a wall is also fun, especially when the case goes down the top of your shooting glasses and burns your cheek on the inside, mmmm toasty lol

I did feel a LITTLE be bad for my mate filming this yesterday (apologies for the terrible quality, fluorescent lights and slow-motion don't mix!);

DVC
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by bnz41 »

Blackstuff wrote:Shooting close to a wall is also fun, especially when the case goes down the top of your shooting glasses and burns your cheek on the inside, mmmm toasty lol
Oh yes happened to me bounced off range wall and landed on top of my glasses burnt my eye brow smell of burnt hair.

very good vid :good:
Sc1985uk

#13 Post by Sc1985uk »

Blackstuff wrote:Shooting close to a wall is also fun, especially when the case goes down the top of your shooting glasses and burns your cheek on the inside, mmmm toasty lol

I did feel a LITTLE be bad for my mate filming this yesterday (apologies for the terrible quality, fluorescent lights and slow-motion don't mix!);

What optic and mounting kit are you using on your MP5?
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#14 Post by bnz41 »

Not sure what Blackstuff uses on his MP5 A4 .22rf I have fitted items below and they work very well for my needs.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p123946-sightm ... AjNISQWD-V

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/g- ... cope-rail/ out of stock at the moment.
Blackstuff

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Sc1985uk wrote:

The mount is the same as BNZ41's but from Ant Supplies its £10 cheaper!

http://www.ant-supplies.uk/rail-base-mo ... ounts.html

I went for this one as when I mount a scope on it I needed the additional length to get the correct eye relief.

The larger red-dot in the slo-mo video is a Sightmark Ultrashot QD which I bought from a friend. I think you can get them in the US for around $80, they're at least £120 over here 8-) The smaller 45 degree off-set sight is just an Ebay cheapy but credit where its due its held up well and maintained its zero.

This video shows the scope/off-set red dot in the first comp shown;

N.B. All of the jams at the start of the video above were magazine related, not the gun. I'd clamped two mags together and the clamp was stopping the rounds feeding properly.

The scope is a Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5 and again the mount is a £10 ebay job but more than up to the job on a .22
DVC
Mdwysc
Home club or Range: Bisley

#16 Post by Mdwysc »

I just bought a Walther, what a class piece of kit. Nice weight, trigger is slick, you can adjust the spring tension to shoot HV or STD ammo. It's bloody loverly. The GSG one is made of cheese so avoid. Tip though, buy the A4 version, the ones with cans on them look good but what's the point if eye are still loud.
It's made by Walther under liscence from H&K, its badged as H&K and takes all H¥K parts.
Nerf pistol reloading expert
Super soaker long distance world champion
cap pistol quick draw 56 times world champion
pea shooter 15 yards indoor Homewood Comp 1981 undefeated middleweight title holder
Sc1985uk

#17 Post by Sc1985uk »

Blackstuff wrote:
Sc1985uk wrote:

The mount is the same as BNZ41's but from Ant Supplies its £10 cheaper!

http://www.ant-supplies.uk/rail-base-mo ... ounts.html

I went for this one as when I mount a scope on it I needed the additional length to get the correct eye relief.

The larger red-dot in the slo-mo video is a Sightmark Ultrashot QD which I bought from a friend. I think you can get them in the US for around $80, they're at least £120 over here 8-) The smaller 45 degree off-set sight is just an Ebay cheapy but credit where its due its held up well and maintained its zero.

This video shows the scope/off-set red dot in the first comp shown;

N.B. All of the jams at the start of the video above were magazine related, not the gun. I'd clamped two mags together and the clamp was stopping the rounds feeding properly.

The scope is a Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5 and again the mount is a £10 ebay job but more than up to the job on a .22
Cheers for the info and link's, I was thinking if getting some clamps but as you mentioned they cause feed issues I may give them a miss.
Sc1985uk

#18 Post by Sc1985uk »

bnz41 wrote:Not sure what Blackstuff uses on his MP5 A4 .22rf I have fitted items below and they work very well for my needs.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p123946-sightm ... AjNISQWD-V

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/g- ... cope-rail/ out of stock at the moment.
Thanks for the info and links.
the running man

#19 Post by the running man »

If u buy an earlier one I've got a load of stuff for sale! 4 mags two mag clamps and a collapsible stock..
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
Blackstuff

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Sc1985uk wrote:
Cheers for the info and link's, I was thinking if getting some clamps but as you mentioned they cause feed issues I may give them a miss.
The best way to do it will be to make your own the attached to the bottom of the magazines/floor plates. With the mags being plastic and relatively thin they are easily squeezed enough to stop the ammo feeding.
DVC