Walther KK500

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Rockhopper

Walther KK500

#1 Post by Rockhopper »

I've decided I want one of these - trouble is its difficult to understand the various options available and its likely that not all are imported into the UK. Can anyone explain the various different models? It'll only be used for prone shooting.
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

Re: Walther KK500

#2 Post by Kungfugerbil »

There are only really two decisions to make - Expert or Anatomic stock, and normal or electronic trigger.

Best bet is to speak to the guys at EMRR - they're closest to you - and see if they have any in for a play. Then when youve decided play off Intershoot/Edinkillie/Beds/EMRR for best price :)
Rockhopper

#3 Post by Rockhopper »

Hi, apparently both versions are available with an Alutec or advanced Anatomic stock - I've decided against the electronic trigger though :-)
RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

#4 Post by RobB »

I have the KK500 with normal trigger. I would not change, although saying that, I've never tried the electronic version. The normal trigger is perfect for me.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
RobB

#5 Post by RobB »

This is the result last week last week at 50m with Alutec and non batch tested CentreX and manual trigger

Rockhopper

#6 Post by Rockhopper »

Thats nice shooting Rob - and you are only in Div 4?
RobB

#7 Post by RobB »

I've never shot the Polar Bear before and only just joined my new club in Devon in September. With my Anshutz I averaged about 190-192 at 50m. Taken a few months to get the Kk500 to feel comfortable and my last 4 cards have averaged 196.5.
Had one terrible card 3 weeks ago but that was when my cold/flu was in full flow and I couldn't see the foresight ring. Shot a 187 :(. But if I didn't shoot it that day then it would have been zero.
The short bolt length and therefore receiver much close is probably the biggest reason for improvement for me I think.

One thing to note. I had to go back to CentreX as I was getting high pressure gas coming back at be about 1in100 shots with Eley Match. With an ambidextrous port, comes back into your face. 1000+ with Centre X and no issues. Head Space? Seems to like CentreX though :)

Rockhopper

#8 Post by Rockhopper »

I wonder if thats common? Can't get Centre X anywhere local to me so It'll have to be Match.
RobB

#9 Post by RobB »

I don't know anyone else with a KK500 so couldn't comment. I'm sure the headspace is adjustable but I'm no gunsmith. Maybe someone else can comment?

Rockhopper

#10 Post by Rockhopper »

I've got the Walther brochure and its still not clear what the difference is between the anatomic and the expert! They also have a stainless steel barrel option (which I've got on my Anschutz).