Buckmark LBP Modification

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Tony-c

Re: Buckmark LBP Modification

#11 Post by Tony-c »

technically to do the moderator version you would need to fit then weld the mod in place, and the costs come in when you redo all the feedramp, extractor slot and chamber
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#12 Post by Dellboy »

Tony-c wrote:if its lightened then why not just go with a sleeve and turned bar to act as weights

thats how the one I built is done

barrel turned down and light, carbon fibre sleeve, end of barrel screwcut with an endcap for the carbon sleeve

then I had 2 weights, steel bar, od just under id of the carbon tube, bored to suit the od of the reduced barrel, could fit 1 at back, 1 at front or both, as the need or fancy took me

Any Pics ??
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Sim G
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Sim G »

Tony-c wrote:technically to do the moderator version you would need to fit then weld the mod in place, and the costs come in when you redo all the feedramp, extractor slot and chamber

Redo? Why?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Tony-c

#14 Post by Tony-c »

because if hes talking about a 30cm barrel including a moderator then the barrel would at some point I assume be less that 30cm? ie S5

so the only way to do this would be to start with a blank and do the chamber last as until you chamber it, its not a barrel

or if recycling the BM barrel you would have to weld? the moderator core or outer etc to the barrel, then fill chamber with weld/destroy before cutting the barrel down, then machining in the flats, dovetail and slot for feedramp etc, then chambering
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#15 Post by saddler »

Tony-c wrote:...then fill chamber with weld/destroy.....
Well, that'd be how I'd do it too. ....if I smoked crack 18 hours a day.
Tony-c

#16 Post by Tony-c »

how would you do it then? to avoid having a S5 barrel?
Swamp Donkey
Home club or Range: Wessex Rifles

#17 Post by Swamp Donkey »

Tony-c wrote:how would you do it then? to avoid having a S5 barrel?
Easy, just do it. "Disassembled firearm"

Sent from my mobile using "An application"
Sim G
Past Supporter

#18 Post by Sim G »

Tony-c wrote:because if hes talking about a 30cm barrel including a moderator then the barrel would at some point I assume be less that 30cm? ie S5

so the only way to do this would be to start with a blank and do the chamber last as until you chamber it, its not a barrel

or if recycling the BM barrel you would have to weld? the moderator core or outer etc to the barrel, then fill chamber with weld/destroy before cutting the barrel down, then machining in the flats, dovetail and slot for feedramp etc, then chambering

As has been alluded, no.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Tony-c

#19 Post by Tony-c »

ok so I learn something new :)

I assume that you would chop the barrel to 6" or so and then weld on the moderator part to take it back above 30cm

certainly far easier LOL, I just obviously mis understood the S5 status of the barrel being sub 30cm. even if just for a short while during work

live and learn :)