Ruger 10/22 Receiver

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Billett

Ruger 10/22 Receiver

#1 Post by Billett »

Hi

Sorry this is a fairly newbie question. Im thinking like most do of building a custom Ruger 10/22 and either starting building from a second hand or a another option. I wanted to understanding if I was to purchase a second hand and change the receiver is this part the licensed piece? Can you just upgrade your receiver or would I need to have an addition slot added for a 2nd .22 to cover it?

I might even be way off the mark with this one so :run:
Tony-c

Re: Ruger 10/22 Receiver

#2 Post by Tony-c »

you will need a slot for receiver only.

simplest way would be to aquire the parts and keep then with RFD, have spare slot for .22lr rifle on FAC

then collect it as complete or if using parts from own rifle then you dispose of yours to RFD and he swaps bits around, you then gain new rifle on that serial number on the empty slot

licensed parts are receiver, barrel, bolt
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#3 Post by CDM5 »

I've built a number of 10/22s and not had any trouble from my FLD.

As mentioned above, slots required will be: receiver, bolt, barrel and .22RF rifle.
Once all parts had been acquired and the build completed I emailed my FLD and said the receiver listed on my FAC is now a complete .22RF rifle. Next variation I had they updated it.

I used a Tac Innovations Elite 22 receiver for my first non-Ruger build, the Kidd waiting time was far too long at the time.
Looking at a NoDak for my next one.
Billett

#4 Post by Billett »

Thanks both. I'll look into putting a variation in for the parts... it's Essex though so I wont expect anything until 2020 lol
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#5 Post by Dellboy »

Billett wrote:Thanks both. I'll look into putting a variation in for the parts... it's Essex though so I wont expect anything until 2020 lol

They will be confused
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.