m&p 15-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

kyzer236
Home club or Range: Lingfield Rifle Club

Re: m&p 15-22

#11 Post by kyzer236 »

I've just got my ticket and am looking to get a M&P 15-22. Was dead set on the HK 416 D10RS But after seeing and reading various reviews I'm sold on the 15-22. Mainly due to it being the best replica AR-15 .22 around, I.e everything works rather than being for show. I've had a go with a 15-22 at my local club and love it. Was super dirty so wasn't the smoothest 50rnds but still fun.
OP - I really like the sound of the 15-22 you've got the chance to get. If you do buy it please can you post some pics?

Cheers,
Claire

Sent from my boing using "An application"
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#12 Post by bradaz11 »

of course
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

With a little bit of effort, and some expenditure of course, you can change the foreend on a 15-22. You would obviously have the issue with colour matching the new handguard with your receiver though. My suggestion would be to just get some colour match/contrast rail covers though. :good:

Enjoy the new shooter shakeshout
DVC
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#14 Post by David Nimrod »

Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#15 Post by saddler »

kyzer236 wrote:...the best replica AR-15 .22 around...
The Bremmer may take that honour.
Though it's not been made for a while, they're still easy to find...picked up a couple in the last year. Exact AR15 size/weight/balance as it uses genuine AR15 parts. The barrel is dedicated .22 & the bolt mechanism is the US military M261 (without the chamber section)
Their two versions are based on the M4 & the AR15A2.

Only MINOR niggle is they're based on the fixed A2 carry handle AR15 design upper receiver.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

David Nimrod wrote:Interesting link:

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/1 ... ischarges/
From what I've gathered from the S&W forum all of the guns involved had never been cleaned and were running on ammo that the 15-22's manual specifically says not to use! kukkuk
DVC
David Nimrod

#17 Post by David Nimrod »

Blackstuff wrote:
David Nimrod wrote:Interesting link:

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/1 ... ischarges/
From what I've gathered from the S&W forum all of the guns involved had never been cleaned and were running on ammo that the 15-22's manual specifically says not to use! kukkuk
Indeed...
Charlie J

#18 Post by Charlie J »

Never had any issues with my M & P , worked straight out the box which is more than I can say for my mates cmmg , although that's a great gun when it's working properly.
David Nimrod

#19 Post by David Nimrod »

Charlie J wrote:
...worked straight out the box which is more than I can say for my mates cmmg...
What were the issues with the CMMG..?

And which version was it..?

thankssign
Charlie J

#20 Post by Charlie J »

Firstly not an in depth survey of Cmmg just my mates one which as I said earlier is a lovely gun with a quality feel but seems to be let down now and again with frustrating niggles .

As for model etc I am not sure as I haven't taken enough interest in it however I know it's a standard supply and not a Lantac etc , and about a year old.

Problems I know about inc. cycling , not striking correctly , broken firing pin , would not work on a really cold day for some reason , All which have been rectified for now at least .

I was and still am considering a .223 Cmmg but the point I was making that in comparison the M & P seems more reliable at least between my gun and my mates.