Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Bisley Bookings

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Maggot

Re: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Bisley Bookings

#11 Post by Maggot »

Ken, I feel your pain (must shoot with you lot again some time).

Now, I am an NRA member, and I book quite a lot of targets. I must say that Chris and Steve, the girls and Jacko are all very helpful, but they seem to live on the edge with radio charging etc, and there is a hell of a lot of scope for human error.

We were sent to 107/108 and as you know, there is no 108. Something I only realised when I arrived (fell back) to shoot.

As usual there was also a shortage of F class targets, and the TR lot were not disposed to moving one point left between changing shooters to give us room so we abandoned the AM part and caught up PM.

I am told that someone said to someone else...we never book 108, you should know that.

Well why not mark it on the system so they all know? (and from an ROs and a shooters point of view, I was unhappy about the safety of 107, both for cars using it and getting a face full of grit/being driven over).

What is it that folk don't get about 10 MPH...even 20 would be nice!!

Ken, I have had both confirmation and refusal emails turn up for the same booking mate. I phoned the range office and they kindly explained they sent the refusal by accident.

I have also had the wrong type of target 3 times out of the last 4 (yes, I know you can pretend, but why should you at £80 a shoot, that white patch and correct dimensions is important).

The last shoot, as well as the wrong target, we got an unmitigated asshole of a marker.

I know some of them lack the maturity and strength to be perfect, but the vast majority try...this one however...

Now Jody is great, but even she had trouble getting the prat to listen in, we had 3 loads of 2 shots marked (the patches were blowing off and they were not watching so thought it funny).

I was asked how long we would be which, when I said "I did not know, it was a team training session", we were met with 5 minutes radio silence requiring Jacko or AN other to call Jody and get this fool online.

I was then told the radio was iffy....proven otherwise and odd that it was only affecting his radio one way, we had no issues getting hold of the range office or jody, or the markers next to him and when poked he was fine...I am not stupid, I am an exe RSI...try again matey.

The upshot was that we never gave him any stand down, we simply could not trust the sod to be about for a message 1 tesnews

I went to the range office and suggested that if I ever got hold of said marker I would disembowel him (the offer still stands).

For the first time I was asked to fill in a complaints form by Chris (he is very good with me) which I did. I said that I was worried about the lad losing his work there but he needed to buck up, I am always very careful to be nice to the markers and this was the first time I detected a real attitude problem.

The thing is, we hear about the bad things, but we don't hear about the good shoots (which ability not withstanding account for the majority).

The NRA are getting beaten up over this new system, it has it issues, but it will work out in the end.

Ken/Dan, my advice, fill in a complaints form and badger them for an outcome, but be fair and proportionate. That way you should still get a decent service most of the time.

Tra
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Bisley Bookings

#12 Post by kennyc »

on the plus side Chris, we had a very good marker! every shot was followed almost instantly by the target going down and being marked (except when Guesty was shooting at the wrong target tongueout ) I jsut think its a shame that we had a lot of people fired up about the Stalkers comp and then got let down, so now we have to try and build up another head of steam.
~PS it was nice to see you yesterday, I was trying to get alongside so I could "AUG" you with brass tongueout :55: