VZ58 magwell adaptor and Emags

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

Re: VZ58 magwell adaptor and Emags

#21 Post by Brian838 »

Zilberbak wrote:The cutout at the receiver end I think is intended to give access to the nut that the stock is fixed on with, but you can access this by folding the stock anyway so not sure why it is there. It may be that there is a fixed stock version in which case you would need an access point for tightening the nut.There is no way of fitting the QD cup in to this that i can see.

Having played with the AR magwell adapter I may go back to the standard mags as they seem to have a more positive fit.
I cant really see the receiver end of your stock in much detail in the photo, it just looked on the photo on the Magpul site that a QD point would go there. Is the end of the stock different to the Yugo one?
Attachments
Magpul
Magpul
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#22 Post by Zilberbak »

That is different to mine as it is an elongated U shape unless there is piece in the box l didn't see. I have fitted the qd cup on the back as it tidies the rifle strap up along the length of the rifle. I will have a look in the box and let you know.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Zilberbak

#23 Post by Zilberbak »

Have looked at the instructions and yes there is a qd point supplied with the fixing kit but because l used the RSadapter it comes with a different fitting kit so didn't even touch the magpul kit. Will have a look to see if worth fitting.
Zilberbak

Brian838
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Brian838 »

Zilberbak wrote:Have looked at the instructions and yes there is a qd point supplied with the fixing kit but because l used the RSadapter it comes with a different fitting kit so didn't even touch the magpul kit. Will have a look to see if worth fitting.
Cheers, I think I will order the stock at the end of the month, either way, its had some good reviews.
I'm glad you put up the photos of yours, It looks really good goodjob
Zilberbak

#25 Post by Zilberbak »

Just fitted the qd point took 5 minutes fills the gap and probably would have lived with it for the sling.
Zilberbak

Brian838
Past Supporter

#26 Post by Brian838 »

Finally fitted my Yugo stock and cheek riser.
It was a bit of a pain because you cant use the supplied bolts due to the welded plate inside the receiver.

I had to drill through the centre of the original stock screw and tap for a M8 bolt to go through, then used a lathe to turn down the counter-sunk head until there is enough left to fit flush when the remaining threaded section is fitted back into the receiver.
Attachments
vz.JPG
Zilberbak

#27 Post by Zilberbak »

Not a five minute job then, but well worth the effort looking at the photo. Took my magwell adapter off and bought some more original VZ mags from Czech Republic instead. May fit the riser but chin weld seems to work alright for the moment.
Zilberbak