VZ58 magwell adaptor and Emags

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

Re: VZ58 magwell adaptor and Emags

#11 Post by Brian838 »

Zilberbak wrote:Just to join in with the concensus that the mag well adapter appears a bit of a sloppy fit but mine takes all of the above except that it takes a good push to get the Magpul and FabDefense ones to engage. I bought some ali mags off of Brownells and they slip in easy.

Not to hijack the thread but the Magpul Zhukov stock IMHO looks good as it seems to integrate with the receiver really well especially putting the original handguards back on. Expensive to do as you need the RS stock adapter to get the Yugo version of the Zhukov to fit on. Magpul left out the QD cups as well hence the flying rifle strap, had a cup but not a screw & nut so picked up today.
To be fair, I've gone back to the black polymer rock n lock 30rd mags
http://www.vz58rifle.com/products/zasob ... -56x45-mm/

I really like that stock now I've gone back to the original (for 5.56) mags. Do you have a link?
Brian838
Past Supporter

#12 Post by Brian838 »

Zilberbak wrote:Just to join in with the concensus that the mag well adapter appears a bit of a sloppy fit but mine takes all of the above except that it takes a good push to get the Magpul and FabDefense ones to engage. I bought some ali mags off of Brownells and they slip in easy.

Not to hijack the thread but the Magpul Zhukov stock IMHO looks good as it seems to integrate with the receiver really well especially putting the original handguards back on. Expensive to do as you need the RS stock adapter to get the Yugo version of the Zhukov to fit on. Magpul left out the QD cups as well hence the flying rifle strap, had a cup but not a screw & nut so picked up today.
Do you have a mars or straight pull VZ58?
Looking at the RS adapter, there is a nut and bolt that goes thought the receiver that secures everything. My mars a plate conveniently welded half way up, where the bolt would go through :bad:
Brian838
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Brian838 »

Brian838 wrote:

Looking at the RS adapter, there is a nut and bolt that goes thought the receiver that secures everything. My mars a plate conveniently welded half way up, where the bolt would go through :bad:
I've just had a think, and if I can locate the old stock screw I have somewhere, I can mill off the counter sunk head and drill and tap it through the middle for the adaptor bolt to fit. ;)
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#14 Post by Zilberbak »

The Magpul stock is straight off of Brownells but make sure it is the Yugo version.

The RS adapter l bought off Zahal for silly money and then found out it shipped from Canada. If you can order from Canada direct it is probably cheaper.

I have a straight pull so no issue with fitting with the provided bolt through the backend of the receiver.

Found the stock needs the usual chin weld to use the Burris optic but you get used to that, you can get clip on risers from Brownells.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Brian838 wrote:
Just in case people aren't sure what Brian is referring to there is a plate inside the mechanism of the MARS VZ58's to prevent people from tapering with the trigger release mechanism. The plate partially covers the bolt hole the stock attaches to;

Brian - I found the easiest way of cinching up the bolt was to cut an Allen key to be able to turn in the top half of the bolt;

I'm not a fan of the way that stock looks however, the folder I have has a solid steel hinge and buffer tube and is monstrously heavy, could be tempted....

DVC
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

Where does it say grinding away a bit of a plate added to a gun. To allow removal of a stock bolt is banned?
Doesn't look like you'd need to take much off
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Brian838
Past Supporter

#17 Post by Brian838 »

Blackstuff wrote:
Brian838 wrote:
Just in case people aren't sure what Brian is referring to there is a plate inside the mechanism of the MARS VZ58's to prevent people from tapering with the trigger release mechanism. The plate partially covers the bolt hole the stock attaches to;

Brian - I found the easiest way of cinching up the bolt was to cut an Allen key to be able to turn in the top half of the bolt;

I'm not a fan of the way that stock looks however, the folder I have has a solid steel hinge and buffer tube and is monstrously heavy, could be tempted....

Cheers Mark, I'll give that a go. I've wanted a folder for a while but I'm trying to keep things light, the Magpul looks better than the FAB Defense stocks I've seen.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

Brian838 wrote: Cheers Mark, I'll give that a go. I've wanted a folder for a while but I'm trying to keep things light, the Magpul looks better than the FAB Defense stocks I've seen.
I've got the FAB one aswell and to be fair its a solid lock up and well made, the problem with it is though it folds to the left and can be stopped from locking closed if you have a side mounted sight rail.
bradaz11 wrote:Where does it say grinding away a bit of a plate added to a gun. To allow removal of a stock bolt is banned?
Doesn't look like you'd need to take much off
No where as far as I know, but cutting a disposable alloy allen key was much easier than the steel plate inside the gun. Its also next to the threads for the bolt so didn't want to take the risk.
DVC
Brian838
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Brian838 »

Can the QD cup on the butt be moved and fitted in the empty space at the receiver end? The stocks I've seen on the Magpul website have QD points in all locations. Which type of cup are you using? As I may as well order one from Brownells when I order the stock.
Cheers.
Brian.
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#20 Post by Zilberbak »

The cutout at the receiver end I think is intended to give access to the nut that the stock is fixed on with, but you can access this by folding the stock anyway so not sure why it is there. It may be that there is a fixed stock version in which case you would need an access point for tightening the nut.There is no way of fitting the QD cup in to this that i can see.

Having played with the AR magwell adapter I may go back to the standard mags as they seem to have a more positive fit.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R