Orsis 120

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

kyk
Home club or Range: Airgun.pro

Re: Orsis 120

#11 Post by kyk »

Ovenpaa wrote:My understanding is no import licences are currently being granted for firearms of any description from the Russian federation and my OIL clearly states:

OPEN INDIVIDUAL LICENCE Not valid for goods originating in or consigned from Iran, North Korea, Libya, Syria or the Russian Federation.(including any previous name by which these territories have been known).
As I know Orsis in not in sunction the list(the Molot is too) . Now Orsis is going to ship a large batch of rifles to Europe, I think what that will be impossible if there were sanctions agains Orsis in EU. May be this is some of British sanctions and laws.
I can ask about the european dealer and give you a contact if you need. You will be able to send a request about Orsis rifles in the UK.
kyk

#12 Post by kyk »

Fedaykin wrote:Are not Orsis caught up with sanctions against Russia, same as Oleg not being able to source Saiga's any more.

Nice rifles caught up in Geopolitics.
What about Russian Vodka? Is it prohibited now in UK? :D
kyk

#13 Post by kyk »

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#14 Post by saddler »

Quite a bit of Finnish influence in the design.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

OP have you any connection with the company?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kyk

#16 Post by kyk »

dromia wrote:OP have you any connection with the company?
I know their telephone number and one of the shooter who work in Orsis, also I know two manager's who helped me with paper work with the license and invoice for my rifle.
kyk

#17 Post by kyk »

Tikka is one of the popular rifles in Russia. I think we shall be grateful for sanctions, the born of 120 model was caused by the situation on the market of hunting rifles with the restrictions of exporting of firearms from Europe and USA.
But Orsis made something more than just a hunting rifle:
The barrel quality is one off the best.
Carbonitrided barrel, bolt and receiver(and some parts of trigger system) provide great durability. The hardness of bolt surface allow to mill the sand in receiver to the dust with no scratches on surfaces.
Barrel provide a great accuracy with a great durability(more than 10000 rounds on testing rifle with bimetall ammunition in steel case with no accuracy issues after this test).
One of my friend have Orsis AR15 with carbonitrided 20" 6.5 grendell barrel . He has run more 20000 of barnaul ammo and the accuracy with normal quality ammo is still less than 1 moa.