TIKKA M65 338 WIN MAG - NEED TIKKA M65 OWNER KNOWLEDGE

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

bcshadow

TIKKA M65 338 WIN MAG - NEED TIKKA M65 OWNER KNOWLEDGE

#1 Post by bcshadow »

Hello - I am a new member of the forum - former Londoner, living in Beautiful British Columbia Canada.

I would like to know more about a rifle i was fortunate enough to acquire - it is a Tikka Model 65 in 338 Winchester Magnum ( both markings are on gun) It is a left hand model.

The only specification / product sheets produced by Tikka that I have found for the older models, ( i.e. M55 / M65, M595, M695) show a model M65 Deluxe, but there is no reference to any model in 338 Win Mag. I know they exist as I have seen them, albeit rarely, mostly in right hand when surfing on the web. Does anyone know where I can find some M65 338 Win Mag documented information - including a manual for the M65?

Manufacturing dates? The Beretta (Sako / Tikka) serial number lookup function does not recognise my serial number - 650-935XX. Any ideas or reference point for dates?

Magazines - i know they are impossible to come by - does anyone know if there is any interchangeable magazine that will fit the M65 338 Win Mag?

I wrote to Beretta customer service for information and they responded that they have no data, knowledge, parts or information about any product that was not imported or manufactured by Beretta, so they have not provided any information.

Any solid information you can provide will be appreciated. i look forward to sharing information about my hunting experiences in British Columbia on this forum.

Thank You