L1A1 prices.....

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

69chris
Home club or Range: severnside

L1A1 prices.....

#1 Post by 69chris »

have the spare slot and was looking to add one to the cabinet after christmas, while i appreciate they are not falling out of the sky is this an average price ???

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/enfield-l1a1-s ... les/887943

while i admit its a lovely example..........3k ?? is that about right or am i completely out of touch ??
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: L1A1 prices.....

#2 Post by HALODIN »

Whilst no one's making them anymore, I'd say £3K is top dollar and somewhere around £2.2K would probably be about right. Depending who made it, they were made to different standards, so ask for details about the gas tube/gas plug and find out what's been cut/replaced. Do a search on this forum, there's lots of info here.
69chris
Home club or Range: severnside

#3 Post by 69chris »

HALODIN wrote:Whilst no one's making them anymore, I'd say £3K is top dollar and somewhere around £2.2K would probably be about right. Depending who made it, they were made to different standards, so ask for details about the gas tube/gas plug and find out what's been cut/replaced. Do a search on this forum, there's lots of info here.
cheers for that bud :good:

iv been casually looking for a while now, would love an Enfield L1A1 as in that ^^^ link but thinking the budget might not manage that :oops:

was going to sell my truck as its un-used these days and then buy but was sort of expecting (hoping !!) id find one for around the 2k mark - any idea where else i could be looking ??

cheers again
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by bnz41 »

3k is well over the top price. When I bought mine (not for sale by the way) in late 2015 it cost £1900. As said not being made now.

You will have to check who made it when you find one, as some are not put together very well.

The rifle you have posted about, not sure who built it from the pictures but it's got a cross head screw holding the hand guards on, which is wrong.
HALODIN

#5 Post by HALODIN »

They're iconic, no one makes them anymore and it's a seller's market now... I suspect the price will start to creep up, but £3k is a huge leap. Just keep your eyes on the main sites and be prepared to negotiate! troutslapping
69chris wrote:(hoping !!) id find one for around the 2k mark - any idea where else i could be looking ??
Dahonis

#6 Post by Dahonis »

Slightly off topic, I can remember in 1992 I took a full 4 tonner full of these to be disposed off. Must of been at least 500 to 600 easy.

I can also remember two civilian employees were caught trying to sell them on for £250.00 each....as a complete rifle.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by bnz41 »

iv been casually looking for a while now, would love an Enfield L1A1 as in that ^^^ link but thinking the budget might not manage that :oops:

Most of the recent ones for sale have been all BSA parts with a new barrel, the only Enfield built rifles were mixed, so Lithgow upper receiver/bolt etc new barrel unknown make (most likely Walther) and a Enfield lower. The Lithgow upper part was then renumbered to the Enfield lower.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#8 Post by Sixshot6 »

For a thought exercise, does anyone know what a good example AR Buckland one would fetch? I only ask as I know of a good example that works and get's on target well.
HALODIN

#9 Post by HALODIN »

No one wants them, so I recon £20.
Sixshot6 wrote:For a thought exercise, does anyone know what a good example AR Buckland one would fetch? I only ask as I know of a good example that works and get's on target well.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#10 Post by Daryll »

I paid £1400 for an ARB one maybe a year ago.... but that wasn't particularly a good example, and within months I'd p/x'd it for something different.

Jon Francis at CPG Design had a few in various configurations and calibres... I've just checked on the website and hes not showing any of them now.