L1A1 prices.....

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: L1A1 prices.....

#41 Post by Sixshot6 »

bnz41 wrote:Thats news to me......that he made one.. I know he had a original Imbel one, one of the 10 not sure what happened to it.

Young lad using a Imbel SP wasp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9ZLbep6CI
I'm sure a member on here had one and that it was mentioned on Suffolk rifle's facebook page in the past. I don't remember the exact member here, but someone will step forward and say who got what. But I'm certain. I'm sure they either went for under 2 grand or over it.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#42 Post by HALODIN »

I think it's huntervixen.

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... it=fal+.22
Sixshot6 wrote:I'm sure a member on here had one and that it was mentioned on Suffolk rifle's facebook page in the past. I don't remember the exact member here, but someone will step forward and say who got what. But I'm certain. I'm sure they either went for under 2 grand or over it.
Sixshot6

#43 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:I think it's huntervixen.

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... it=fal+.22
Sixshot6 wrote:I'm sure a member on here had one and that it was mentioned on Suffolk rifle's facebook page in the past. I don't remember the exact member here, but someone will step forward and say who got what. But I'm certain. I'm sure they either went for under 2 grand or over it.
Yeah it's him. Will he share his finding's with us or will that not happen?
HALODIN

#44 Post by HALODIN »

He's always been friendly in the past, what are you after?
Sixshot6 wrote:Yeah it's him. Will he share his finding's with us or will that not happen?
Sixshot6

#45 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:He's always been friendly in the past, what are you after?
Sixshot6 wrote:Yeah it's him. Will he share his finding's with us or will that not happen?
I don't want to buy one but now we're talking about them I'm curious about how it works as I heard some problems with the imbel 22s.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#46 Post by snayperskaya »

One of the members of my club has a folding stock Imbel, it's a carbine if I remember right.Another has a lovely FAL with wood furniture, that shoots like a dream*

*Even though it isn't made from recycled T-34s' or anointed with vodka I do quite like it!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
HALODIN

#47 Post by HALODIN »

I'd be surprised if he didn't chime in when he sees this thread. I believe the one he's got is unique because Suffolk Rifles only made one, which is a shame because I would have bought one.
Sixshot6 wrote:I don't want to buy one but now we're talking about them I'm curious about how it works as I heard some problems with the imbel 22s.
ArcofZen
Home club or Range: Tunnel Club Charmouth

#48 Post by ArcofZen »

Ah, the "Right arm of the free World". My buddy used to carry one in SA.
I think it's a classic firearm, that's relatively rare. Hence prices will only go one way.

I'd love one, but 3k would take some explaining to Mrs Zen!

Here's Mr Hickok enjoying one very much:

https://youtu.be/-RIAgSGBJoE
Wreck diving heaven... https://youtu.be/SC3QXpVy15s
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#49 Post by bnz41 »

HALODIN wrote:I'd be surprised if he didn't chime in when he sees this thread. I believe the one he's got is unique because Suffolk Rifles only made one, which is a shame because I would have bought one.
Sixshot6 wrote:I don't want to buy one but now we're talking about them I'm curious about how it works as I heard some problems with the imbel 22s.
Yes only one made, this is a kit not a complete rifle, barrel and working parts fit inside your 7.62 SP rifle so you have a .22rf semi auto..

Not sure he will see this thread very busy with work at the moment. I was present when the kit was proofed it's a work of art. I had my name down for one, sad now will not get made.

Last report was worked like a dream.....
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#50 Post by GeeRam »

bnz41 wrote: How about £3995 for a Imbel Fal but a .22rf original only 10 made, for sale uk dealer.
Aah....that caught my eye back in the summer, and for a while was I toying with the idea of filling my .22RF slot with that, but that idea went out of the window when I visited and I laid my eyes on the minter of a 4T Richard instead showed me :squirrel: