L1A1 prices.....

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: L1A1 prices.....

#51 Post by bnz41 »

GeeRam wrote:
bnz41 wrote: How about £3995 for a Imbel Fal but a .22rf original only 10 made, for sale uk dealer.
Aah....that caught my eye back in the summer, and for a while was I toying with the idea of filling my .22RF slot with that, but that idea went out of the window when I visited and I laid my eyes on the minter of a 4T Richard instead showed me :squirrel:

Good for you the 4T would be much better value for your hard earned. :good:
huntervixen
Home club or Range: The Severn Side Range

#52 Post by huntervixen »

Sixshot6 wrote:
HALODIN wrote:He's always been friendly in the past, what are you after?
Sixshot6 wrote:Yeah it's him. Will he share his finding's with us or will that not happen?
I don't want to buy one but now we're talking about them I'm curious about how it works as I heard some problems with the imbel 22s.
Morning all,

What can I say about the .22 project apart from, with Suffolk Rifles bowing out and Neal Parnham moving on to new non firearm projects (the very best of luck for the new endeavour mate) the best of the SP L1A1's and the .22 project went with it ... for now anyway.

So, on the general subject of SP L1A1's, I have seen all the various flavours available over the last six years in detail and without doubt Neals are the best to grab, when they come onto the second hand market. Why? Because they are the closest to the original rifle, being outfitted with an original gas block and plug (both deactivated), plus dial and springs, original unmolested receiver and TMH and fitted with the original bolt and carrier (slightly modified carrier to prevent its use in semi automatic operation).

The point of buying one of these after all, is to have a rifle as close to service spec as possible, while still being a Section 1 manually operated rifle, built from a parts kit with a new barrel.

I have the first rifle built by Neil, a 1962 Enfield made example and I enjoyed it so much I procured a ex NZ contract Lithgow L1A1 parts kit from an RFD and had Neil build me another!

Being the total Inch pattern Anorak I am, I cosmetically refurbished both rifles, re-painted with the correct reworked woodwork and accessories.

They both shoot very well indeed, no extraction issues with mine.

Moving on to the .22 kit, they are an almost exact reproduction (utilising many original component parts) of the original HK L12A1 conversion kit.

They are built in the US as part of a Fal-files group buy project that goes back over many years. The quality of manufacture is excellent, each bolt group being hand assembled and adjusted from very carefully inspected components by Ray. They are a work of art in fact and far better made than the HK original.

They lack the safety/Auto sear tripping extension of the original L12A1 bolt group in order to comply with US restrictions and ensure they can't be regarded as Class 3 items.

My kit runs like clockwork, it never misses a beat. I had to make a few adjustments to the liner to snugly fit the bore (making it extremely accurate) and make a few other small adjustments to the rifle in general.

I procured another original liner at the same time.

Here's a few pics of my rifles and the conversion kit.

Cheers, John.
Attachments
ready to go.jpg
Enfield L1 with L12A1 fullbore.jpg
Lithgow and Enfield L1's.jpg
Two margarines .... is there anything worse? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#53 Post by leeroy7031 »

snayperskaya wrote:One of the members of my club has a folding stock Imbel, it's a carbine if I remember right.Another has a lovely FAL with wood furniture, that shoots like a dream*

*Even though it isn't made from recycled T-34s' or anointed with vodka I do quite like it!.
Rich... you saw this when we exchanged shooting privileges on VZ58/SVD40 the other week at Minsterly.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#54 Post by snayperskaya »

leeroy7031 wrote:I may consider selling my Imbel Wasp if the price is right,
snayperskaya wrote:One of the members of my club has a folding stock Imbel, it's a carbine if I remember right.Another has a lovely FAL with wood furniture, that shoots like a dream*

*Even though it isn't made from recycled T-34s' or anointed with vodka I do quite like it!.
Rich... you saw this when we exchanged shooting privileges on VZ58/SVD40 the other week at Minsterly.
I did indeed and a very fine looking rifle it is too :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
bnz41

#55 Post by bnz41 »

Another L1A1 for sale same price £3000 but has plastic furniture which should be cheaper than wood.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/enfield-l1a1-s ... les/891651
ordnance

#56 Post by ordnance »

bnz41 wrote:Another L1A1 for sale same price £3000 but has plastic furniture which should be cheaper than wood.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/enfield-l1a1-s ... les/891651
They do have a wood funiture one for sale same price. Personally i would not be paying £300 for one. Enfield Guns
www.enfieldguns.com/
bnz41

#57 Post by bnz41 »

It would seem that £3000 is the going price for a L1A1 SP as both rifles have been sold. They now list a para style rifle for the same money.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/enfield-l1a1-s ... les/903525
sfurby
Home club or Range: Victoria Prittlewell Rifle Club

#58 Post by sfurby »

maybe one of my better gun investments, though bought for sentimentality not profit, I thought £1800 from Anglo was steep. : lol lol
ordnance

#59 Post by ordnance »

Its a pity you can't buy one here and transfer it to a dealer in mainland UK.
These are Genuine, EX MOD, Enfield SLR rifles which have been modified to straight pull, re proofed and meet PSNI standards.Description: SLR 7.62 x 51 Straight Pull Rifle
Category: n/a
Make: Enfield
Model: SLR
Certificate Required: Yes
Orientation: Either
Calibre: 7.62x51 nato
Mechanism: Straight pull
Price: £1350.00
Gun Condition: Excellent
Accessories: Full working version of this military weapon converted to straight pull
Sim G
Past Supporter

#60 Post by Sim G »

ordnance wrote:Its a pity you can't buy one here and transfer it to a dealer in mainland UK.

Has something changed? I've known both purchases and sales to and from NI by friends that have been no different to anywhere else in the country....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!