L1A1 prices.....

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

ordnance

Re: L1A1 prices.....

#61 Post by ordnance »

Sim G wrote:
ordnance wrote:Its a pity you can't buy one here and transfer it to a dealer in mainland UK.

Has something changed? I've known both purchases and sales to and from NI by friends that have been no different to anywhere else in the country....
There is something different in the wording of the legislation regarding straight pull rifles in N/I and the rest of the U/K. I think the rifle i posted would be sec 5 in the rest of the UK.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#62 Post by pe4king »

That just about sums up our legislation in a nutshell, and even the fact that they (self loading) can be possessed in NI
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
ordnance

#63 Post by ordnance »

pe4king wrote:That just about sums up our legislation in a nutshell, and even the fact that they (self loading) can be possessed in NI
They are straight pull not semi auto, but still can not be owned in the rest of the UK because of the way they have being converted from semi auto to straight pull, that is my understanding of it.
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#64 Post by bnz41 »

Have they had a new un ported barrel fitted.... if not then Sec5 here.

They have already been issued in the UK by the MOD serial numbers will be noted somewhere so they are classed as Sec5.

To be mainland legal, my understanding is they have to have never been issued here and imported as a parts kit, not a complete rifle.
ordnance

#65 Post by ordnance »

bnz41 wrote:Have they had a new un ported barrel fitted.... if not then Sec5 here.

They have already been issued in the UK by the MOD serial numbers will be noted somewhere so they are classed as Sec5.

To be mainland legal, my understanding is they have to have never been issued here and imported as a parts kit, not a complete rifle.
They are EX MOD. Young Guns - Registered Firearms Dealer - Northern Ireland, UK |
www.young-guns.org.uk/

These are Genuine, EX MOD, Enfield SLR rifles which have been modified to straight pull, re proofed and meet PSNI standards.
bnz41

#66 Post by bnz41 »

ordnance wrote:
bnz41 wrote:Have they had a new un ported barrel fitted.... if not then Sec5 here.

They are EX MOD. Young Guns - Registered Firearms Dealer - Northern Ireland, UK |
http://www.young-guns.org.uk/

These are Genuine, EX MOD, Enfield SLR rifles which have been modified to straight pull, re proofed and meet PSNI standards.
I will ask the question again, do they have new barrels fitted which are not gas ported?
ordnance

#67 Post by ordnance »

bnz41 wrote:
ordnance wrote:

http://www.young-guns.org.uk/

I will ask the question again, do they have new barrels fitted which are not gas ported?

I don't know give him a ring if you are interested.
bnz41

#68 Post by bnz41 »

"I don't know give him a ring if you are interested."

I already have a UK Sec1 rifle so do not need to call them. As you have posted the RFD details several times I thought you had all the relevant information about them and would be able to enlighten us on the mainland.
ordnance

#69 Post by ordnance »

bnz41 wrote:"I don't know give him a ring if you are interested."

I already have a UK Sec1 rifle so do not need to call them. As you have posted the RFD details several times I thought you had all the relevant information about them and would be able to enlighten us on the mainland.

You have already answered the question bellow they are section 5 on the mainland, why would i ask him do they have new barrels fitted which are not gas ported i am not looking to buy one. As i said anyone really wants to know ring him. Tel: ( 028 ) 79468375 or 079 8975 8120.
bnz41 They have already been issued in the UK by the MOD serial numbers will be noted somewhere so they are classed as Sec5.