What SMG is this?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: What SMG is this?

#31 Post by froggy »

typo : grand-mother not mum ... ups. Garmish ...what a great place :good:
Anyway ... interesting SMG. That part of the world went a long way ... Croatia is now producing a top selling pistol range & even completed to supply the French army with its next rifle .
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Sim G
Past Supporter

#32 Post by Sim G »

froggy wrote: Croatia is now producing a top selling pistol range & even completed to supply the French army with its next rifle .

The Croatian company HS also entered their model 2000 for the U.K. Army pistol trial. It was also submitted by Springfield Armoury as the XD....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#33 Post by HALODIN »

If anyone says anything bad about the Croatians, they're in for it.
froggy
Past Supporter

#34 Post by froggy »

As is often said, the Germans depleted huge resources building 3,000 awesome Tiger tanks, when all they really needed was 80,000 average T34's

True but Nato was doing exactly the same during the cold war,ie : we also relied on superior equipment in the hope of countering the masses of of the Warsaw Pact's hords of blood thirsty bolcheviks ...
Anyway I think Witmann & his Tiger was one, if not, The Most Successful, tank commander of WW2 . Only a Air-Sol rocket managed to defeat the armour of his tank. It is actually very impressive to look at Tigers' armour all dented by impacts but still holding safe for the crew. There is a nice one near Vimoutier if you ever take a road trip in Normandy.
HALODIN

#35 Post by HALODIN »

There's always a fine line between superiority and quantity. Too far either way and you'll lose the battle. The Tiger I is still the best looking tank ever made in my opinion. The next time I'm in France I'll try and have a look, but likewise if you haven't been to Bovington Tank Museum, I'd strongly recommend it, I've been there 3 or 4 times and then next time I go to Devon, I'll go again. It has the only working Tiger I in the world.

http://www.tankmuseum.org

Also if you haven't seen the film Fury, you should, but be aware it's style is similar to a graphic novel. It's brutal.

froggy wrote:As is often said, the Germans depleted huge resources building 3,000 awesome Tiger tanks, when all they really needed was 80,000 average T34's

True but Nato was doing exactly the same during the cold war,ie : we also relied on superior equipment in the hope of countering the masses of of the Warsaw Pact's hords of blood thirsty bolcheviks ...
Anyway I think Witmann & his Tiger was one, if not, The Most Successful, tank commander of WW2 . Only a Air-Sol rocket managed to defeat the armour of his tank. It is actually very impressive to look at Tigers' armour all dented by impacts but still holding safe for the crew. There is a nice one near Vimoutier if you ever take a road trip in Normandy.
froggy
Past Supporter

#36 Post by froggy »

Indeed Bovington's collection is fantastic but do make a stop in Saumur. It has the only Tiger II running in the world green55
;)
HALODIN

#37 Post by HALODIN »

tou-bloody-ché lol :good:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#38 Post by dromia »

The Ruskie film White Tiger is worth a watch.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HALODIN

#39 Post by HALODIN »

Thanks, it looks like a good film. This is the full film with English subtitles -

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#40 Post by GeeRam »

froggy wrote: Anyway I think Witmann & his Tiger was one, if not, The Most Successful, tank commander of WW2 . Only a Air-Sol rocket managed to defeat the armour of his tank.
Air-Sol rocket...??

That's a French air-launched Nuclear cruise missile....???

Might be stretching it a bit to claim one of those was responsible for taking out Tiger 007.