My Mossberg MVP LC XL

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

My Mossberg MVP LC XL

#1 Post by Mikaveli »

Here's my Mossberg MVP LC "XL". It's not actually the LC model, it started out as an MVP varmint model - these have a 24" barrel rather than the 20" job on the LC.

Since then, it's had the trigger swapped out for a single stage Timney and put into the MDT LSS XL chassis:
14848980357352.jpg
I went for a carbine buffer and eventually settled on the Magpul CTR stock (with friction lock) and their K grip:
14848980641313.jpg
Just waiting on a couple of rails and hopefully an Atlas bipod. :good:
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Re: My Mossberg MVP LC XL

#2 Post by Daryll »

Nice...!! I've got the standard LC and love it, (other range users hate the muxzzle brake though :D), although I wish the barrel was a couple of inches longer.
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: My Mossberg MVP LC XL

#3 Post by Mikaveli »

Daryll wrote:Nice...!! I've got the standard LC and love it, (other range users hate the muxzzle brake though :D), although I wish the barrel was a couple of inches longer.
Thanks - I came very close to buying an LC myself, but was thinking about longer ranges. I thought I'll get the barrel I want first, then see if I want to address the stock later.

The basic varmint is about £500 cheaper than the LC, so getting the chassis etc. added on comes to a similar total - so not much more expensive. Although, I have no muzzle brake...