SVD Dragunov scope hight

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: SVD Dragunov scope hight

#11 Post by snayperskaya »

Sixshot6 wrote:http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... vd-rifles/

Coming soon and Russian Made.

If you can't wait I swear by the mount being offered by Zahal, I swear by Fab defense products and zahal are great at shipping stuff to the uk.
Zentico products are very good.A lot of their stocks and mounts etc are used by Spetsnaz and MVD troops, often as private purchase items.They do a fully adjustable stock for the SVD which is very good, especially if you prefer the modern look as opposed to the traditional wood furniture.

Depending how far you want to go with one there is a guy in the Czech Republic doing chassis kits etc for them in CNC'd alloy and I think carbon fibre versions are also available , here is some of his work......

I have his email somewhere if anyone is interested.....
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
s.stimson
Home club or Range: Bristol Muzzle loaders

Re: SVD Dragunov scope hight

#12 Post by s.stimson »

As my phone has started to make a slight click when I pick up the receiver and there are a couple of large gentlemen parked up in a dark coloured ZiL at the end of the road I may need to reconsider my plan's some what regarding the optics idea before I take a short holiday to a salt mine.

to be honest I have been spoilt with magnification on my other rifles that are running nightforce and sightron scopes, the ability to see bullet holes at several hundred meters had in my mind become the norm rather than the exception and I refuse to buy a spotting scope (bit tight me). And to be honest part of the draw towards the SVD is the ability to keep the rifle "in keeping" if that makes sense, well that i think settles my hash.
I own "pretendy" rifles and muzzle brakes, and I'm not afraid to to use them