Bought myself a black unicorn - 9mm Lever Release

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Bought myself a black unicorn - 9mm Lever Release

#31 Post by Blackstuff »

Mikaveli wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:When I had one it would easily get 1-1.5" groups at 100m with 124gr Geco (on a bipod with a x9 scope). I seem to remember the zero being virtually identical for 20m and 100m as well. I couldn't fault the accuracy of these guns, just my ability to fire it quick enough for competition standard and SGC's aftersales 'care' lol
What comps were you entering with it - and what we're you up against?
ISPC mini/gallery rifle comps and a shot timer lol

If I was just standing still plinking at the range I could get a reasonable rate of fire, say 3-4 per second which would make it competitive with lever-action guns but if I tried to replicate that under competition conditions i.e. while moving/against the clock etc I would invariably press the lever too early in the actions cycle and send the hammer home with the bolt (as its designed to do to prevent you just holding the lever down to get semi-auto fire) resulting in a dead action. It was entirely down to my lack of co-ordination to be fair. That said I've only ever seen one person who can operate it at the speed required for IPSC style shooting and not fluff it the way I did. I think there are a fair few down south that use them well though.
DVC