Straight pull MP5

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Straight pull MP5

#1 Post by mag41uk »

I was looking through some oldish shooting mags.
A company was having some MP5 straight pulls made in 9mm.
Does any one know of any?
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Straight pull MP5

#2 Post by saddler »

Seeing my mate on Friday....he's got a fully functioning MP5, so may know of straight pull models.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:Seeing my mate on Friday....he's got a fully functioning MP5, so may know of straight pull models.
I thought the roller blowback was regarded as too easy to convert back to semi was a no go so not possible?
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#4 Post by saddler »

Sixshot6 wrote:
saddler wrote:Seeing my mate on Friday....he's got a fully functioning MP5, so may know of straight pull models.
I thought the roller blowback was regarded as too easy to convert back to semi was a no go so not possible?
He'd be hacked off it it went semi auto on him...as it's got a working happy switch (Section 5)

THE 9mm carbine I'd love to see as a S1 straight pull would be a Finnish kp/31 Suomi.
Lovely!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:
He'd be hacked off it it went semi auto on him...as it's got a working happy switch (Section 5)

THE 9mm carbine I'd love to see as a S1 straight pull would be a Finnish kp/31 Suomi.
Lovely!
I was referring to the possibility of what an attempted straight pull would end as (your friend has section 5 authority so it's not applicable).

There are many nice things we all want. I'd love CZ scorpion 380 or 32acp model as a section one jobbie.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

you could manufacture a new bolt that is so heavy that the 9mm can't blowback, so you can do away with the roller delay. maybe also add a spring into the bolt handle to add tension to draw it in the foward position, then join this solidly to the bolt. job done

standard mp5 bolts are sec5, so you can't get them on your sec1 ticket anyway. so not readily convertable. deacs have the bolt mutilated too, so they wouldn't be suitiable, and smuggling one in from the continent is no different to smuggling in a handgun etc, so covered there too... what could go wrong? lol
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#7 Post by safetyfirst »

Can I ask, as nobody knows his details, why your mate does for a living that lets him has a sec5 mp5? Just curious.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

Section 5 RFD.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

I spoke with a person who claimed he had one at a PSG competition quite a while ago and he said there were less than 20 made so I think they'll sit firmly in the rocking horse poop section of availability :cry:
DVC
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#10 Post by GeeRam »

Is the UK the only market for straight pull versions of semi-auto rifles/carbines?

Or are there other countries where there would be a market for straight-pull's?