338 lapua magnum Rifle build

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

tisme

Re: 338 lapua magnum Rifle build

#11 Post by tisme »

Berger wrote:One of my options is about 7kg with bare rifle.then add a pic rail.bipod rings and a scope ( mk4 ).my informant was a little out on how many grains of N570 but he was right on the good velocities you were getting.how far have you pushed the envelope with it.i know you shot your 260 and 7mm 08 out 1500yds plus.
Hi Dave.
Do you only shoot the 250gr scenars.how far have you shot out too.i was watching some videos on YouTube the other day watching somebody pushing to 3000yds.
1650 so far but hoping for a lot further once a place we are sorting is ready. Velocities I get are partly due to 32 inch barrel.
Berger
Home club or Range: Bisley

#12 Post by Berger »

Hi Dave.
Yeah the grass is too long on the sailsbury plain shoot . sennybridge is better for spotting fall of shot as the sheep keep it down to a fashion.
Speak to Rob who runs the fcsa 50 cal shoot and he could probaly sort you a supply of 300gr scenars . sporting services or dauntsey guns have some.shows in stock on dauntsey guns site. £65 per hundred
You get more velocity from the scenars compared to the bergers as the scenars bearing surface is shorter
DaveT

#13 Post by DaveT »

The Bergers will fly better......higher BC unless I read it wrong....WILL CHECK.

If the Scenar bearing surface is shorter I might expect less pressure so less MV.
tisme

#14 Post by tisme »

From what I've tested the scenars hight speed beats the berger bc and there is also the high price of the berger to think about.
DaveT

#15 Post by DaveT »

I will take another look......cannot get the Bergers anyway!
Berger
Home club or Range: Bisley

#16 Post by Berger »

The 300gr OMT hybrid bc is around .820 bc.i think the 300gr scenar is about .720
That's quite a difference but as tisme sez the bergers are 90 pence plus each compared to the 66
Pence scenar.as long as there demon accurate I am not sure you will see a difference at 2000yds. I maybe wrong.too many variables at that range.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#17 Post by dromia »

This is a rifle build thread can you take the handloading/component discussion to the appropriate forum.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/