Swenson Precision sight

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Swenson Precision sight

#1 Post by shugie »

I've been having a bit of a tidy up, an occasional indulgence on my part, and have found the original TR sights from my trusty mk 4 Swing.

Much as enjoy shooting it, I can't imagine my eyesight will improve, and I think it's destined to stay as an F-Class rifle. I'm getting Neil McKillop to put it into a new Joe West stock, I can never get settled with the original.

So I am declaring the original sights surplus to my requirement. The rear sight adjustments are all crisp, and the markings clear, so I'm sure they will be useful to someone. Where would be the best place to sell them, and what would be a reasonable value?
Careful now/that sort of thing
ratters

Re: Swenson Precision sight

#2 Post by ratters »

ttiuwp
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#3 Post by hitchphil »

I have paid anything from £6.50 to £25 for them!. It depends on condition they turn up at the imperial meeting sale benches for £10-£15 without irises. If you want best price ebay, but few search for Swing Rear sights. Is it calibrated in 1/4 CW-Up&Right or is it American (no vernier & ACW-Up&Right)

Does it have the mount or is that still on the gun?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#4 Post by shugie »

Sights have verniers scales, quite an odd for elevation it's double sided. And the mount for the rifle.

Plus a tunnel widget, presumably for use in very bright sunlight.
Attachments
sights.JPG
Careful now/that sort of thing
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#5 Post by hitchphil »

They do look to be in very good condition. Its English 1/4 up & right the dual elevation scale will work if you zero it & put the scale on 300 at 300. The dual wind arm knobs makes coached shoots easier as the coach can be either L or on the R. Original Swing foresight too.

In a way its a shame to divorce them from the rifle by sale. One day somebody else will own it & it is a classic. My swing is now in a different stock & with easier sights but all the original parts are boxed in the loft & come the day to sell the gun they go with it. Maybe in future there will be a classic 2nd generation TR class for rifles in original format / condition?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?