Model and year of Cz

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

kamyonsofor
Home club or Range: Bedford rifle&pistol club

Model and year of Cz

#1 Post by kamyonsofor »

I don't know whether I've asked on here b4 I have just aquired a Cz527 .223 said to be a "american" but no name just Brno Arms Factory and made in Czechoslavokia , the serial No has 6 digits starting with 4----6.I have tried the Cz agents in Chesterfield may as well talk to the mother in law more response.I also find that with people you buy guns etc off , "got ya money tuff."So any help or info gratefully received saves me talking to the MIL.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Model and year of Cz

#2 Post by froggy »

Why dont you write to cz directly or post your request to http://www.czfirearms.us ? That forum has very knowledgeable members, mainly US based guys actually.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

This thread has been moved to the correct forum, be aware that in future any incorrectly posted threads will get removed rather than moved in keeping with the forum rules and conventions.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kamyonsofor
Home club or Range: Bedford rifle&pistol club

#4 Post by kamyonsofor »

If one knew where the appropriate post was/is one would have posted there wouldn't have one and no I am not one.
Swamp Donkey
Home club or Range: Wessex Rifles

#5 Post by Swamp Donkey »

kamyonsofor wrote:If one knew where the appropriate post was/is one would have posted there wouldn't have one and no I am not one.
Fair point. It isn't always clear which to post in sometimes.

Sent from my mobile using "An application"
Swamp Donkey

#6 Post by Swamp Donkey »

dromia wrote:This thread has been moved to the correct forum, be aware that in future any incorrectly posted threads will get removed rather than moved in keeping with the forum rules and conventions.
Can you point me to the exact "rules and conventions" you speak of please, as im stuffed if i can find them, without reading every post in every thread, in every sub forum.

Just sayin,
Please make these rules clearer and easier to find, so we can actually have a chance of abiding by them, and less chance of incurring the wrath of dromia.

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

Well, why hunting and fishing is appropriate for a post about a full bore rifle which says nothing about hunting or fishing is beyond me.

The forum headers do give some indication of content and as this a post about a full bore rifle, not hunting or fishing, then the Full Bore Rifle forum would seem the appropriate one.

However if this is still proving difficult then we do ask members to seek assistance from the staff as to what would be the most appropriate forum especially when the odd topic could come under more than one heading.

Normally sloppy posting just gets removed but as this error was made by a new member the post was moved and the error pointed out in the hope that it would help the member get his head around it.

But as I say if it all proves too difficult then an email to Christel or myself will provide guidance.

Just for the record this was the second post today by this new member that was moved from Hunting and Fishing to the appropriate forum rather than just removed.

It can all seem a bit overwhelming to some people here at first but taking a little time and effort to look, read and understand the forums and the nature of their content will deliver dividends, you get out from places like this in direct relation to what you put in.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

dromia
Site Admin

#8 Post by dromia »

Swamp Donkey wrote:
dromia wrote:This thread has been moved to the correct forum, be aware that in future any incorrectly posted threads will get removed rather than moved in keeping with the forum rules and conventions.
Can you point me to the exact "rules and conventions" you speak of please, as im stuffed if i can find them, without reading every post in every thread, in every sub forum.

Just sayin,
Please make these rules clearer and easier to find, so we can actually have a chance of abiding by them, and less chance of incurring the wrath of dromia.

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27968

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Swamp Donkey

#9 Post by Swamp Donkey »

My point exactly.

May i suggest then, that you look at the general set up of the forum, and tidy up a little, as you have several 'rules' in separate sub forums, that apply to others, that won't be read, as they are in different sub categories.
Its a busy forum, help us help you help us, i did look for your 'sloppy posting' thread, but via "An application", it is a thread you need to want to look for, rather than one to stumble upon when exploring the forum as a new user.

As you said in one of your replies in 'sloppy posting', it isn't your fault for others platforms they access FB on,
No, but, unfortunately if that isn't kept in account with the layout of the forum, it makes more work for you in the long run.

I hope you don't see this as a personal dig, im just trying to point out why, people are getting it wrong,

dromia
Site Admin

#10 Post by dromia »

The rules and conventions evolve over time and we do from time to time pull them together and rationalise them. However Christel and I do this in our spare time and the day to day running of the forum takes up a lot of that, just look at this one where we have tried to help a new member get the hang of the place and it goes needlessly on.

If you feel that you want to pull some stuff together for the forum to help improve it then please do so, email me it and I will post it in the appropriate place with recognition for your contribution

Again I reiterate if people are using methods of accessing the forum that do not work well there is little we can do about that, I don't know how you access here but from your post it seems you are using something that isn't fit for purpose and may want to consider getting something better next time you buy a computer. I have never seen a "An application" made computer before so have no idea what they are like, is it an old computer?

BTW on another topic why do you use this forum for advertising in every post?

Please remove this advertising "Sent from my mobile using "An application"" in future posts.

Do you have an interest in "An application" computers?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!