Model and year of Cz

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

RDC

Re: Model and year of Cz

#11 Post by RDC »

"An application" is an 'app' that is used to access forums. If I remember correctly, it prompts you to use it when you first come across the forum. It's not a computer and by using "An application" it will auto put in place that at the end of what you type. The mobile will be the model number of his phone or tablet.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#12 Post by dromia »

No idea what an app or "An application" is but people should remove the auto advertising function on before using it here.

This is an independent shooting forum and it should not be used as a place to give free advertising to computer companies, we are strict about for sales and advertising on here as all members know and if these computer adverts are not removed then the users are making a mockery of the site.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kamyonsofor
Home club or Range: Bedford rifle&pistol club

#13 Post by kamyonsofor »

In response to RDC I am on the side of Dromia for how long?? I do not know what "An application" is or apps are and weez moving off subject please place in the appropriate section or you'll be offered a weekend away with the "Scottish First Lady" then Teresa May and she definately would.
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

The two sections called House Rules and Forum News and Announcements will contain the forum rules.

Just pop in there from time to time to see if there is anything new added. Or use the "View unread posts" option, that will also tell you if there is anything new that needs adhering to.

As nothing is ever deleted on this board all posts that are found to be in the wrong section are moved, this means that we have quite a lot of posts "gathering dust" because no one can reply to them. It is a shame so please make sure you post in the correct section, both for your own sake so you get an answer and also for the sake of the forum as we have a lot of information on here and the aim is always to increase that.

A lot of new members are joining the forum because they do a search online, come across all this information and want to become a part of it.

Please post in the correct section, it is not difficult, if a post has dual purpose then we will leave it where it was posted, we are not trying to make life difficult for people. However if people post in the wrong section and keep doing it then they make life difficult for us.
Christel
Site Admin

#15 Post by Christel »

"An application" is an app that enables people on mobile phones/tablets to easier access the forum.

It is downloaded onto your mobile phone/tablet and it removes some of the "real estate" that surrounds a website, making it easier to load.

Simplified explanation :)

The signature line added is coming from the device used to post, it is absolutely fine that it is there.
DOGGER2UK
Site Supporter Since 2019

#16 Post by DOGGER2UK »

It ain't me.
Swamp Donkey
Home club or Range: Wessex Rifles

#17 Post by Swamp Donkey »

dromia wrote:No idea what an app or "An application" is but people should remove the auto advertising function on before using it here.

This is an independent shooting forum and it should not be used as a place to give free advertising to computer companies, we are strict about for sales and advertising on here as all members know and if these computer adverts are not removed then the users are making a mockery of the site.
"An application" is T A P A T A L K.
Its actually a very good way of keeping on top of several forums from one place, your forum must have signed up to use it, otherwise it won't work at all. Works fine with my forum, which i believe is actually advertised in my signature. I can do daily running of the forum via T A P A T A L K, from editing others posts, to banning them.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#18 Post by dromia »

Here was me thinking it was chit chat in a Spanish restaurant.

Regardless of its efficacy and I don't seem to need to use it to run this forum, it is the fact that it uses users posts as a vehicle for their spam advertising that is objectionable about it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kamyonsofor
Home club or Range: Bedford rifle&pistol club

#19 Post by kamyonsofor »

Dromia Dromia you should not frequent the Barras area at your age for your "tapas".