M1 carbine straight pull

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

lasbrisas
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: M1 carbine straight pull

#61 Post by lasbrisas »

PaulR wrote:
The NRA ruled it as pistol calibre years ago..........
Ah great, does that relate to people using it in comps such as T&P 1 at Bisley etc ? is it written down anywhere as we have a new bod in charge of the range certification etc and he has started questioning it, it would be good to have some hard evidence.
Just looked on the NRA web site to see if I could get any info' without luck. I remember the ruling was made back in the pistol owning days when one or two companies produced .30 M1 calibre revolvers.

I'm out of the country at the moment otherwise I would have rang them up but you could try contacting the NRA and asking the question:

Contact Details:
Please contact the NRA Firearms Liaison Section for advice and help on Tuesdays and alternate Wednesdays only on 07528 037221 or e-mail the liaison officer. mailto:firearmsliaison@nra.org.uk?subject=FAQ
Thanks I will do.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: M1 carbine straight pull

#62 Post by GeeRam »

Just a bit of thread resurrection, as I'm tempted to put in for a variation for a M1, and while idly surfing the net on the M1, I came across the fact that a 'new' Inland Manufacturing has relatively recently began all new manufacturing of wartime spec (as well as other modernised spec) M1 Carbines....and M37 Trench guns.

https://www.inland-mfg.com/index.html

Given these are 'all new' manufacture, it would be 'relatively' easy for them to design new build UK straight pull spec and sell in the UK.....I would assume?

Sadly, I'm sure they won't be doing so, for such a small market demand, but I can live in forlorn hope.... lol