Correct Postage Please

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Christel
Site Admin

Correct Postage Please

#1 Post by Christel »

We get quite a lot of parcel/letters sent to us, sometimes they do not have the correct postage on them and instead of the parcel/letter we get a card from Royal Mail asking us to pay £1.50 because the sender has not paid the correct postage. Once paid we get the parcel/letter delivered.

Please remember that the sorting office uses a machine where the parcel/letter is put through, so if the packaging is not sturdy enough the content will fall out.
We have had a few like that where the letter had fallen apart and the part was missing.

Please check that the parcel/letter you are sending has the correct postage on it and that the packaging is sturdy enough.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Correct Postage Please

#2 Post by Sim G »

You could probably do with having a word with you sorting office manager as well. If this is becoming an issue. The little part I sent David was actually posted at the post office, where it was weighed and charged accordingly. Still, they said to you two weeks after it should have got to you that you owed them £1.50...

Something could be amiss.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: Correct Postage Please

#3 Post by phaedra1106 »

Had this several times with one particular sorting office. I used to send out monthly DVDs of performances by a disabled inclusive "pop group", one of the parents kept complaining that she was always charged for "under postage". I told her next time when you go to collect it ask to see the manager and get him to weigh and fit it through the plastic guide they have, if it's within the limits (which it was) demand an explanation and recompense for the others you've been charged for. On checking it they found it was well within the weight and size for the amount of postage on it, they blamed it on their sorting machine.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)