A new trigger for Benchrest

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

A new trigger for Benchrest

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

One for the Benchrest shooters, it gives a pretty much constant 45 grams/1.6 ozs on one of our Model 66 actions and is available for Remington and Remington close actions both with and without a bolt release and safety.

UK prices to be confirmed however expect a start price of around the 300 Euro/GBP210 mark
TRIGGER INSIDE.jpg
I will post some more pictures in a bit.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
The Gun Pimp

Re: A new trigger for Benchrest

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Interesting and welcome in the UK. Supplies of the famous Jewel trigger are iffy at the moment.

DCR are developing a benchrest trigger and of course we have Bix n Andy in Austria - but, I'm sure there's room for another.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Fancy road testing one Vince?
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Yes - of course - love to.
R.G.C

#5 Post by R.G.C »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Interesting and welcome in the UK. Supplies of the famous Jewel trigger are iffy at the moment.

DCR are developing a benchrest trigger and of course we have Bix n Andy in Austria - but, I'm sure there's room for another.
Vince,

We compared it here with the Jewell BR one and the FF is far superor. We obtained a constant 38-42 grammes fitted on a 40X BR...

As fpr the Austrian one, it is overpriced for wjat it is.

R.G.C
The Gun Pimp

#6 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Bix n Andy overpriced? Probably - but when a guy wants a new toy, what's cost got to do with it? To be honest, with the euro as it is the Bix n Andy ain't too bad and it's a very sweet trigger.
I don't own one but fitted one for a buddy recently.
R.G.C

#7 Post by R.G.C »

R.G.C wrote:
The Gun Pimp wrote:Interesting and welcome in the UK. Supplies of the famous Jewel trigger are iffy at the moment.

Vince,

No critics about the trigger itself. I have had in hand (and tested, but u,nfortunately not at the same time) both the Bix n Andy and the Flavio Fare (FF) and my ranking is made.

I have no interest in it; and my experience is more on 2-stages Fullbore triggers (I have quite a large collection of all brands of them) but, for my own actions, if I had a recommendation to make, it would be the FF...

Toy?? You used quite a right word. Looks quite childiss to me and the name reminds 'Toys r Us'...

R.G.C

Vince,

We compared it here with the Jewell BR one and the FF is far superor. We obtained a constant 38-42 grammes fitted on a 40X BR...

As fpr the Austrian one, it is overpriced for wjat it is.

R.G.C
R.G.C

#8 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:One for the Benchrest shooters, it gives a pretty much constant 45 grams/1.6 ozs on one of our Model 66 actions and is available for Remington and Remington close actions both with and without a bolt release and safety.

UK prices to be confirmed however expect a start price of around the 300 Euro/GBP210 mark
TRIGGER INSIDE.jpg
I will post some more pictures in a bit.
David,

What ,next?

R.G.C